Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   About the forums. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=274667)

Mike Haven 12-04-2006 07:50 AM

About the forums.

I find that I usually only have time to read posts in my favourite two or three forums, and therefore I miss a lot of "gold" in the other sixty or seventy forums. (I don't even know where "balla" came from, originally, for instance. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])

On the assumption there are a few others who are in the same boat, please would some of the better-read members post links in this thread to any current threads that they find while they are travelling about the forums that they think most of us should have a look at, in whichever forums they are, for one reason or another?

I'd start it off, but I've only been reading in the Zoo, recently. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thank you.

edfurlong 12-04-2006 07:57 AM

Re: About the forums.

Can we start with good old ones?

Euro Rounders.

The burger thread is the best recent OOT thread. I'm chubby though, so I may be biased.

Never mind, this is the best recent OOT thread [censored]

Sniper 12-04-2006 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd start it off, but I've only been reading in the Zoo, recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of interesting stuff in BBV these days Mike, you really should get out more... Surely you wouldn't want to miss out on such great stuff as the Poop thread .

On a more serious note, the 20K Hands in 24 Hours challenge was hot.

http://www.clearchannelexhibitions.c...robot_zoo3.jpg

Gildwulf 12-04-2006 02:57 PM

BBV is where the magic happens

nath 12-04-2006 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BBV is where the magic happens

[/ QUOTE ]
MY WSOP trip report, in graph form

It devolves VERY quickly.

Mike Haven 12-04-2006 04:49 PM

"Inline Boobs"

This is probably the most viewed one I've seen for a while.

And worth it, too! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sniper 12-04-2006 04:59 PM

oops...

http://www.dribbleglass.com/subpages/strange/oops.jpg

fnord_too 12-04-2006 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Inline Boobs"

This is probably the most viewed one I've seen for a while.

And worth it, too! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Access denied! BASTARD!

MrWookie 12-04-2006 05:39 PM

Yeah, we mods have lots of fun in the mod forum (I started that thread, btw). You should have seen Ryan Beal's tirade in there the other day. I think he successfully used every single word in the language filter!

stabn 12-04-2006 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, we mods have lots of fun in the mod forum (I started that thread, btw). You should have seen Ryan Beal's tirade in there the other day. I think he successfully used every single word in the language filter!

[/ QUOTE ]

that was more of a list.

MrWookie 12-04-2006 05:46 PM

Well, if you still have as much access to the mod forum as your post suggests, you'd know that not only was Ryan's post more of a list, mine was more of a joke. A joke only about 75 people on the entire internet would get. Except now, I suppose [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

stabn 12-04-2006 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if you still have as much access to the mod forum as your post suggests, you'd know that not only was Ryan's post more of a list, mine was more of a joke. A joke only about 75 people on the entire internet would get. Except now, I suppose [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no access but that your post was a joke and that the tirade was a list was pretty easy to guess knowing Cola [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Thx for the confirmation!

tuq 12-04-2006 11:48 PM

Mike, great idea for a thread. I visit very little strat ( [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ) so if someone comes across a good thread a link would be good. I mostly stick to ATF, OOT, NVG, BBV, and Sports (I'd LOVE to link a good sports thread, but they're mostly just posters telling other posters how stupid they are and how much their teams suck).

nath, I've read that thread of yours before and it's awesome.

Well, this one will probably be deleted in the near future, but wow. Most of the old-timers and mods should get the context, and in fact it's probably being discussed in the mod forum right now, but it's one of the more "interesting" threads to come along in quite awhile.

As for threads that may not be deleted, FrankStallone in NVG. Note Dids' change of the topic. Magnificent stuff all-around.

Edit/MH: Thanks, tuq. Your short and tempting descriptions are exactly how I envisaged seeing members' recommended threads.

Mike Haven 12-05-2006 03:44 PM

Interesting and eye-opening thread on how many members cheat in online poker.

tuq 12-05-2006 06:57 PM

Obvious winner. I think duck's actually going to get Carpal \'Tunnel when she's done with that one.

amplify 12-05-2006 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obvious winner. I think duck's actually going to get Carpal \'Tunnel when she's done with that one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno, her fingers already get quite a workout.

punkass 12-05-2006 11:41 PM

BBV thread turning into GOLD

Original topic of thread sucked, but this quickly turns into gold.

punkass 12-05-2006 11:51 PM

This one is also a gem.

Poker Look A Likes

tuq 12-06-2006 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This one is also a gem.

Poker Look A Likes

[/ QUOTE ]
I've seen the look-a-likes before. It's great. But the "how much did you lose" one you linked above...man BBV can be hilarious sometimes. That's definitely one of them.

Mike Haven 12-06-2006 03:48 PM

Window on your world.

Please join in with sharing a photograph of your world, wherever in the world you are, with every photo being taken at a specific prearranged time.

tuq 12-06-2006 05:59 PM

Mike,

I'll try to remember to do that. That's 6PM here, maybe we'll get a little sunset action. Unless I'm in a bar, of course. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Once everyone changes their avatars back it's going to be pointless, but I'm enjoying this thread an awful lot, where a really terrible poster gets owned (I guess the avatar changes will be retroactive to earlier in the thread). It sucks early but is heating up until it inevitably gets locked or deleted.

stabn 12-06-2006 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike,

I'll try to remember to do that. That's 6PM here, maybe we'll get a little sunset action. Unless I'm in a bar, of course. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Once everyone changes their avatars back it's going to be pointless, but I'm enjoying this thread an awful lot, where a really terrible poster gets owned (I guess the avatar changes will be retroactive to earlier in the thread). It sucks early but is heating up until it inevitably gets locked or deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imo your mom should put that thread on her refrigerator.

tuq 12-06-2006 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Imo your mom should put that thread on her refrigerator.

[/ QUOTE ]
I honestly have no idea whether to say "thank you" or "eff you".

nath 12-07-2006 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike,

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, WTF is going on in that thread? Who is that douchebag? I just found it and it's already been locked, but as far as I can tell it's just an incredibly obnoxious poster being more so. (And stabn throws in a cheap one-liner at me for no reason, but I digress.) Seriously, this is so self-important and asinine that I'm kind of speechless that it exists.

PITTM 12-07-2006 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd start it off, but I've only been reading in the Zoo, recently. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

move to bbv please.

rj

ShakeZula06 12-08-2006 01:07 AM

Just wanted to say that this is an awesome idea for a thread, unfortunately I'm a politard and I don't think you guys care what goes on in that forum. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

edit- Just got an idea, maybe mods of their respective forums could put a link to this thread in either a seperate sticky or an existing sticky, so that if someone wanted to either read or contribute to this thread, they new about it?

tuq 12-08-2006 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to say that this is an awesome idea for a thread, unfortunately I'm a politard and I don't think you guys care what goes on in that forum. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
"What happens in politics, stays in politics".

Sniper 12-09-2006 10:27 AM

Required Reading... 2+2 Statement on PPA

iron81 12-10-2006 02:13 PM

David Sklansky's girlfriend makes an appearance and talks about Little David. David either confirmed it or played along with a gimmick. David also provides comedy gold.

Zurvan 12-11-2006 03:55 PM

Trip Report about a year spent in prison.

One of the best threads I've seen on here, ever.

Georgia Avenue 12-11-2006 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trip Report about a year spent in prison.

One of the best threads I've seen on here, ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's predecessor by Layzie was also very good.

Mike Haven 12-16-2006 09:02 AM

Brandi meets Tom Franklin.

Sweet Brandi meets the man she hopes will give her something firm to hold on to.

BluffTHIS! 12-16-2006 10:02 AM

Mike,

You Brits can be so very droll. Luckily for Cpn Tom I deflected most of the outrage onto myself with my Doubting Tom arguments.

tuq 12-16-2006 01:59 PM

Mike,

Haha I was going to post that one, it's totally blowing up. I checked and NVG has almost as many viewers as OOT and BBV. I can't remember a thread in that forum getting so much traffic. I'm caching it because it seems like the type of thread that won't last very long.

Also, Bluff, you've done some mighty fine trolling from what I've read thus far, no doubt honed by years of posting in Politics. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BluffTHIS! 12-16-2006 10:45 PM

tug,

Here's a shock for you. I wasn't trolling. Everything I said I truly believe, although I didn't express myself as well I as could have, and as well and nice as Oski did there.

tuq 12-17-2006 12:28 AM

Bluff,

I worded that poorly. While I still think a couple of your posts - such as the one that everyone kept quoting - were fairly indefensible (although not candidates for deletion), your overall point was sound. If "trolling" occurred it was because you seemed to be posting for effect more than discussion.

Plus in the course of that thread I did a pretty sharp 180. Initially I was WTF is with this Captain guy, but then I read her subsequent posts and it began to crystallize that she is at least as big a scammer as he is - IF he is a scammer at all. If you read through the remainder of the thread I think you'll see that most others started to feel the same way.

BluffTHIS! 12-17-2006 12:46 AM

tug,

Some people either just don't have enough life experience, or can't properly analyze it when they do, to have their BS detection meter set properly. Especially when it comes to boo-hooey "please rescue me" women type of BS'ers. These people should read the classic Games People Play, by Eric Berne.

2/325Falcon 12-17-2006 12:48 PM

Some Other Gambling drama over betting systems for a -EV game. Check the other threads started by Yo Respek for the whole story.

BluffTHIS! 12-17-2006 01:37 PM

2/325,

I have been reading that stuff the past few days. When Yo d'alembert's his way to riches and fame, you will be begging him to sell you his system.

2/325Falcon 12-18-2006 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2/325,

I have been reading that stuff the past few days. When Yo d'alembert's his way to riches and fame, you will be begging him to sell you his system.

[/ QUOTE ]

BluffTHIS!,

I've got my own foolproof system. It's a triple reverse Martingale and I end it with a swirl. Some guys use the pinch or try to throw a knuckle in there, but I prefer the swirl. Anyone interested can PM me his Neteller account info and password for more details about my system.

Edit: Another Yoism not to be missed.