Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   The official NETELLER thread. (249 days on.) #3 of 3. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=420298)

Mike Haven 06-05-2007 07:59 AM

The official NETELLER thread. (249 days on.) #3 of 3.

Official thread #2 of 3 is here.

Latest Press Release, of July 18th 2007.

See also Neteller's updated FAQ page for further details of the proposed release of funds held.

Please use this thread for any comments or questions about Neteller.

Obviously, if everything is kept in one place then new readers to the forum can be directed here, where their questions may already have been answered, and duplicate threads can be avoided. This benefits everyone.

Thank you.

Fishy McDonk 06-05-2007 10:44 AM

Re: The official NETELLER thread. (138 days on.) #3 of 3.

I've never been sent an email by them about anything and didnt' even know that I couldn't get my money out until I tried this morning and got this.

"Withdrawal options are currently suspended for US members."

Is there any way to transfer funds other than withdrawing them? Like for a purchase of some kind? I don't think I want to wait and hope that someday they will "distribute" my money back to me.

TWINUNO 06-05-2007 11:19 AM

They plan to have the latest relase july 13th. At this time they will give you 180 days to withdrawll your account to the bank you have it connected too, if N/A then a check. Im sure the excuse will be that we didnt realize the overload of cashouts and the cashout period will take longer then expected.

PoorLawyer 06-05-2007 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They plan to have the latest relase july 13th. At this time they will give you 180 days to withdrawll your account to the bank you have it connected too, if N/A then a check. Im sure the excuse will be that we didnt realize the overload of cashouts and the cashout period will take longer then expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they said the 180 days starts July 13. They said the 180 period would start after the investigation is complete; they are hoping to complete the investigation by July 13.

SackUp 06-05-2007 02:05 PM

This is hopeful. Let's see what July 13 brings though.

silencio 06-08-2007 12:58 PM

Has anyone received the newly announced Neteller card yet? I think they said that they will start sending it at the end of May.

Greg Olden 06-08-2007 01:13 PM

I still have some money tied up and NETELLER and still see no logical way to get it out. Almost 4 months interest at 4 to 5% and they owe me around another 60 to 75 dollars but from what I have seen they aren't paying it out [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I have a verified bank on there to cash out and they are still declining it. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I find this very ridiculous and will NEVER do business with them again......

ON ANOTHER NOTE, why is MOneygram legal??? Its the same exact thing as NETELLER ony not done over the internet? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

halftilted 06-08-2007 05:14 PM

I think every US Member should boycott Neteller. That will show them.

William 06-08-2007 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone received the newly announced Neteller card yet? I think they said that they will start sending it at the end of May.

[/ QUOTE ]

The card is not yet available. They claim that it soon will be but refuse to give a time frame. "End of may" has been changed to "june" at the website but they are not to be trusted anymore.

Whatever we had left in our old cebit card has not been credited back to our neteller account as they say it has either.

They have reached 0% customer credibility at this point.

BeaucoupFish 06-13-2007 05:04 AM

No interest will be paid on 'customers' funds. Or perhaps, the interest they have probably been earning will not be paid to 'customers'.

You have to re-request your funds during the 180 day period, even if you have pleaded with them over the past few months.

If you don't ask for your funds during that period, you forfeit your funds. I wonder if they will email 'customers' to tell them the date they can start requesting their funds, or just see how much they can get away with keeping...

I use the term 'customers' loosely.

NU Star 06-13-2007 05:37 AM

$ Plz, Kthx

kielbax 06-13-2007 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Whatever we had left in our old cebit card has not been credited back to our neteller account as they say it has either.

[/ QUOTE ]
My debit card balance was credited back to my account on 14th May.

Mike Haven 06-13-2007 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if they will email 'customers' to tell them the date they can start requesting their funds, or just see how much they can get away with keeping...

[/ QUOTE ]

From their updated FAQs page:

"NETELLER will provide more information to its US members as the plan is implemented via this site and email. Until that time NETELLER is unable to return funds to US members. In the meantime if you require further assistance, please contact NETELLER Customer Service at usmembers@neteller.com."

"Funds that are not claimed by US members through the Distribution Plan will be forfeited by NETELLER in a manner to be determined by the USAO."

oe39 06-13-2007 06:19 PM

wasn't something supposed to happen with this today?

DMoogle 06-13-2007 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
July 13th, not June. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Backspin20 06-13-2007 06:26 PM

usmembers@neteller.com.

isnt that the junk/spam email folder?

oe39 06-13-2007 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
July 13th, not June. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

crappy

mo42nyy 06-13-2007 07:55 PM

new debit cards? are these for us customers?

SackUp 06-13-2007 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
new debit cards? are these for us customers?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. US customers are done for.

LordBrun 06-15-2007 07:33 AM

I just cashed out roughly $600 from stars to neteller. I had never made a deposit(got some $ through buddy transfer) so I deposited $20 from my neteller acc. Now I withdrew the whole amount of ~$600 but my neteller acc got credited only with $20. Ive tried to find specific info on how long it is suppose to take but i cant find it.

vilemerchant 06-15-2007 03:08 PM

It takes up to 72 hours.

wetone 06-18-2007 07:37 PM

I started leaching here when the whole neteller fiasco went down. I am still amazed at lvl of trust and also still waiting for my money back from neteller!

nineinchal 06-21-2007 11:25 AM

SO WHEN CAN WE REQUEST OUR MONEY?

THAT'S ALL WE WANT TO KNOW...................

chrisl68 06-24-2007 11:37 AM

Re: SO WHEN CAN WE REQUEST OUR MONEY?

I have a high level of trust because they are fomulating a plan with the U.S. Attorney's office to return money to US players. Federal prosecutors aren't going to be party to some big scam. Now if one hadn't payed taxes on a considerable sum they are to be receiving, then one should be worried.

vilemerchant 06-24-2007 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a high level of trust because they are fomulating a plan with the U.S. Attorney's office to return money to US players. Federal prosecutors aren't going to be party to some big scam. Now if one hadn't payed taxes on a considerable sum they are to be receiving, then one should be worried.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you pay tax on money you've never received?

bobbyi 06-24-2007 09:32 PM

So what's the guess for how they are going to return our money? Will they be able to EFT to my bank account I used there or will they be mailing checks?

halftilted 06-25-2007 04:56 PM

Read the FAQ lately?

Anders 06-25-2007 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because in the eyes of the IRS, you did receive it. It was in your Neteller account.

thing85 06-25-2007 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because in the eyes of the IRS, you did receive it. It was in your Neteller account.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, even before it was ever in NETeller (i.e. when you earned it on Poker Stars or wherever), it was taxable income.

vilemerchant 06-25-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, even before it was ever in NETeller (i.e. when you earned it on Poker Stars or wherever), it was taxable income.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not banks. You don't have any guarantee that you're actually going to see any of your online money until it arrives in your own bank account or shoots out of an ATM. Look at the amount of 'my FTP/Neteller/Bodog account got hacked etc' threads on here. Or 'you once transferred funds to a suspicious player so we've frozen your bankroll'.

I've never had any business with the IRS (thank god), but as far as I'm concerned money online is money 'in play'. It'd be crazy to pay tax on 100K without any guarantee you'll ever see a dime.

WhiteWolf 06-25-2007 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've never had any business with the IRS (thank god), but as far as I'm concerned money online is money 'in play'. It'd be crazy to pay tax on 100K without any guarantee you'll ever see a dime.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're describing the way you want it to be, not the way it actually is. The fact is that the IRS disagrees with you - gambling income is earned the minute you complete a winning session, and gambling deductions can be booked the minute you complete a losing session. The IRS does not consider that money 'in play' the way you do, and I have a feeling that if you and them end up having a serious discussion on the matter, you'll come out on the losing end.

vilemerchant 06-26-2007 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're describing the way you want it to be, not the way it actually is. The fact is that the IRS disagrees with you - gambling income is earned the minute you complete a winning session, and gambling deductions can be booked the minute you complete a losing session. The IRS does not consider that money 'in play' the way you do, and I have a feeling that if you and them end up having a serious discussion on the matter, you'll come out on the losing end.

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll come all the way to Australia to get me? Maybe if we find oil..

Badger 06-27-2007 04:49 PM

Well, if you're an Australian citizen that's sort of a different ball game now, isn't it?

Us US players had to pay taxes on the money that was sitting in Neteller that we couldn't get at. Sucks, but it's the way the laws work.

I am looking forward to getting my money back ASAP. Still not holding my breath though. Paying taxes on money I didn't "have" was quite frustrating.

Breadeater 06-28-2007 11:56 AM

This post doesn't really have anything to do with neteller but I watched this doc on the IRS yesterday and it's a bit of an eye opener.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y39H6nUOhRw

Yobz 06-29-2007 01:05 PM

Looks like their FAQ changed today, can anyone log in and request a cashout? I'm at work and don't have my account info available...

BlackAndRed 06-29-2007 01:49 PM

Yobz just said something interesting.

Anyone have relevant info about this FAQ change?

ninjageek 06-29-2007 01:56 PM

Cashout still suspended for US customers. Looks like the updates to the FAQ were just for the Debit Card.

BlackAndRed 06-29-2007 02:06 PM

Re: The official NETELLER thread. (161 days on.) #3 of 3.

Neteller to delay reports to shareholders due to USAO investigation.

http://www.hemscott.com/news/latest-...45709189851362

Ramstone 06-29-2007 04:44 PM

Lawrence Cops.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=c...id=a1i22wgCzZPU

HensonLosesLots 07-05-2007 09:47 AM

Will we be able to take cash from neteller and deposit onto a major poker site. That is the day they 'give us our money back'...