Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I also suck at poker. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=434871)

Grisgra 06-24-2007 02:08 PM

I also suck at poker.

Last night I donked off 250BB making every single bad decision one can make at poker (except for the one about moving up in limits).

Sat down at tables with no advantage, didn't adjust my game to the play (which was primarily HU), didn't get up when it was even more clear that even if the luck evened out that I would have that much advantage, didn't get up after hitting my stop-loss, and wasn't even aware of just how much I was donking off until I quit for the night.

I played horribly, and I do this at least once a month. I've got to stop that from happening, this once-a-month-being-a-complete-retard nonsense. I fall into a automated click-click-click zone where I have absolutely no self-awareness at all and my only thoughts are of the insane beats I'm taking and how I need to make back what I've lost.

I'm better than this.

Just had to get that off my chest.

formula72 06-25-2007 01:46 AM

Re: I also suck at poker.

If this is pokerstars.....
sometime when im in my heavy pissed off tilt mode, before I can do anything I click on options and have pokerstars ban me from real money for 24 hours, sounds stupid but it works beter than anything.

Try it

Humble Pie 06-25-2007 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm better than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

R U sure?

Grisgra 06-25-2007 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm better than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

R U sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm up about 20,000 big bets in the last two-and-a-half years, so yeah, I'm pretty sure.

Grisgra 06-26-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm better than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

R U sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm up about 20,000 big bets in the last two-and-a-half years, so yeah, I'm pretty sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, this is an overstatement. It's probably no more than 14,000 big bets.

Hoi Polloi 06-26-2007 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm better than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

R U sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, this is an overstatement. It's probably no more than 14,000 big bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's 6,000 BB between friends? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

n0thx 06-26-2007 10:45 PM

When did the General Gambling: Psychology forum become the "I need pity" or "bad beat" section?

Grisgra 06-26-2007 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When did the General Gambling: Psychology forum become the "I need pity" or "bad beat" section?

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt that is a rhetorical question, coming from a twoplustwo veteran like yourself.

Luckily, you are in the Psychology forum, the perfect place to explore the neuroses underlying your unfortunately not-uncommon-to-newbies proclivity to whine about others' posting practices on your very first day.

Acein8ter 06-27-2007 02:57 PM

Switch to 6max, FR... Only play when your are 'into it'... I find that I have to be in a semi-aggressive mood to play as this is a confrontational game.

wattsman 06-27-2007 08:45 PM

Check with Dr. Alan Schoonmaker's "Your worst poker Enemy".
My revaltion was that WE ARE NOT RATIONAL.
Ok, I/you/we are irrational, so now what?
Deal with it...literally. There has to be a moment where yousee irrational action and it's time to step or even jump back. Get banned, go to a movie festival, somethinig, anything but playing poker. Try a skateboard. If your having fun it'll burn off energy. If your no good at it, you might break your clicking finger.