Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   so you want to play back at me? lol i dont believe you... either time (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529230)

cs3 10-23-2007 06:55 AM

so you want to play back at me? lol i dont believe you... either time

<font color="blue"> villain is a regular. my notes on him say he's "bluffy, aggro, squeeze happy, spewy at times. hes usally taggsih but this session hes 26/22/6 over 400+ hands at several of my tables. i've won several big pots from him already and hes starting to play back at me. hes been 3 betting my btn/CO raises a ton in general, and squeezing like his life depends on it anytime theres a bet and a call in front of him. lately hes also been calling my late pos raises with a huge range when hes in bb, and has ch/r me like 3/4 times i have c-bet vs him. basically trying to steal every pot we play.

ive been running 22/18 aggro. i have got my stack in often but have only shown big hands when called so far.
</font>

------------------
HAND #1
------------------

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $102.30
Hero (BTN): $116.45
SB: $198
BB: $128.60
UTG: $69.90
MP: $35.50

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, MP calls $1, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB folds, BB calls $4, MP folds

Flop: ($11.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Jhttp://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $24</font>, Hero calls $16
<font color="blue"> I think either, (1) he has a small PP and is just trying to take it down, (2) has a flush draw, (3) has a weakish K, or (4) is completely FOS and is just [censored] with me with air. and of course he could have 55 or a flopped flsuh sometimes.
so i call, intending to shove non-spade turns if he bets out. but maybe shoving now would be better? and of course i could vag up and fold </font>

Turn: ($59.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $87.45 and is All-In</font>
<font color="blue"> well my thinking is, he doesnt have a flush because hes never checking it on the turn, so he either has air and gave up or
he has a K and doesnt want to put much more money in.
rarely he shows up with 55 too, but if he's not leading turn with a set, calling my shove is gonna tough - but i think sets are a really tiny part of his range to be honest
</font>

------------------
HAND #2
------------------
<font color="blue"> later on in the sesssion at a different table...
SB is same villain from hand 1 - the squeeze happy aggro guy.
MP is a donktard. hes been raisng a ton of trash and usually wants to see a flop with any semistrong hands regardless of action behind him. he also has a huge/obvious bet-sizing tell</font>
<font color="blue"> </font> Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $94.85
Hero (CO): $96.60
BTN: $309.50
SB: $117.50
BB: $95.70
UTG: $38.25

Pre-Flop: 9http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG calls $1, <font color="red">MP raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $4, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $16</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $12, Hero calls $12
<font color="blue"> i could 3-bet MP's raise but i think calling is more profitiable vs him.
SB has a huge range here and im ahead of it. and if he does have a legit hand im stacking him 100% of the time when i hit a set.
so is calling (both times?) standard?</font>

Flop: ($50) Thttp://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Khttp://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">MP bets $3</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $80.60 and is All-In</font>
<font color="blue"> thoughts? </font>

KhalynYohrk 10-23-2007 06:58 AM

Re: so you want to play back at me? lol i dont believe you... either time

I just barfed in my mouth a little.

djshawk 10-23-2007 08:26 AM

Re: so you want to play back at me? lol i dont believe you... either

hand 1 doesn't make any sense, if you had a flush draw you'd almost always push 3 bet the flop. He knows this too so will probably call you down light. He also knows he's been annoying you with constant 3 bets, check raises etc so it expecting you to snap and do something like this with something less than a great hand. If you had a genuine hand I really don't think you'd play it like this, he knows that too.

Hand 2 is pretty horrible aswell, there is just nothing sensible that you call twice with preflop then shove on this flop. 66? No way - you want value out of that and you aren't getting it by just shoving. TT/KK/AK? Nope - I think you'd 3 bet those preflop. KT, KQ etc will have folded preflop. The only hand this makes sense for is a total bluff or a mid-pp, but by shoving you are turning it into a bluff because anything that calls you has you crushed.

cs3 10-23-2007 08:31 AM

hand 1
im not ahead of his range on the flop? and once he checks the turn, what can he have that possibly calls a shove?

hand 2
doesnt matter what i have dos it? PF squeezer checked a K high flop, donk minbet.
fwiw i would play 66/TT/AK/KQ like this most of the time as well.

cs3 10-23-2007 08:35 AM

also keep in mind that in hand 1, i do have the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], if that matters...

mad1 10-23-2007 08:36 AM

the minbet is retarded by that guy, but is a standard raise not bad? $20 raise? then if your idiot friend shoves you can get the hell out of the way?

cs3 10-23-2007 08:40 AM

$20 is not a standard raise there.
pot is $50. why raise pot and only leave myself like $30 behind?

tony_montana 10-23-2007 08:44 AM

Why make marginal moves against maniacs? Patience is the key.

mad1 10-23-2007 08:57 AM

Well then ignore the "standard" why is a raise of $20 BAD? it gets the point across that you have a big hand, without commiting yourself into some nonsense

JFsports 10-23-2007 09:22 AM

I don't like either of these shoves cs