Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   It's supposed to be a check right? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489487)

jlocdog 08-29-2007 10:42 PM

It\'s supposed to be a check right?

1/2 NL live at the venetian (9 handed).

A friend just IM'ed me this hand. She is sort of a novice player when it comes to cash games. I think the turn spot might have differing opinions though.

MP has $230 and we cover.

No immediate reads but from the tone of her post it seemed like a passive table (check out preflop). And I already told her PF is bad so please don't waste time on commenting about it.

4 limpers to us in the CO and we make it $6 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. 2 limpers call.

($25) Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Checked to us and we make it $30. MP calls.

($85) Turn is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP checks, we ????

ttgirl 08-29-2007 10:43 PM

Re: It\'s supposed to be a check right?

55-65 check back river ui

jlocdog 08-29-2007 11:04 PM

ttgirl,

And get it in on the turn if raised?

And if he calls and then leads blank river?

Think about stack sizes and ranges for a second. Not saying I agree or disagree with your post. It's just incomplete and half assed is all.

orange 08-29-2007 11:04 PM

check is fine. i guess b/c could be considered but i'd really hate to b/f here with so many outs. his range is probably Kx/QJ/lower spades/sometimes stuff like AT.

Nielsio 08-29-2007 11:09 PM

Preflop is bizarre. Flop overbet is weird. Turn I check because of stacksizes.

jlocdog 08-29-2007 11:23 PM

I guess I just found this hand interesting because we have the NFD a gutter to the nuts, TPGK,blahblahblah....and we want to check over jamming this pot?

ttgirl 08-29-2007 11:46 PM

im bet calling since the dude open limped and we probably have 20+ outs and may not get paid on most of them. we have a huge hand and so many cards on the river can kill our action, why are we playing pot control with a huge hand?

jlocdog 08-30-2007 12:00 AM

What hands are limp calling PF, and then c/c a slightly larger then pot bet on the flop with the board given?

Seems like that Ace may have done more harm then good. It may have given us some showdown value (and an added gutter) but it also seemed to fill a ton of hands that we were against. All may I add, that are at the top of his range going in.

Not convinced our hand is so 'huge'.

jk3a 08-30-2007 12:03 AM

i check

wuwei 08-30-2007 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I just found this hand interesting because we have the NFD a gutter to the nuts, TPGK,blahblahblah....and we want to check over jamming this pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is an interesting spot, there's a lot of things to consider. But ultimately, it boils down to the fact that we're too deep to bet this turn. If the money all goes in on the turn, our equity is somewhere around 25%. In a loose, passive live game our money very rarely goes in good here.

Sure, we have top pair, lots of outs that may not get paid off, blah blah blah... but bet/folding the turn makes me want to throw up a little bit and bet/calling is no good either as described above.

I would likely fold to a river blank lead, and value bet if checked to.