Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AA deep (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555058)

carnivalhobo 11-26-2007 07:39 PM

AA deep

My image is 27/23 ive been 3betting a bit, but no 4betting yet

i have c/r a bit after calling some 3bets, but image shouldnt be too bad, villain is ApobatesRacer, a reg who runs 20/18/4, i do know he 4bets me light sometimes.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $401
BTN: $200
SB: $99.15
Hero (BB): $592
UTG: $205
MP: $228.75

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $7</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $26</font>, CO calls $19

Flop: ($53) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $32</font>, CO calls $32

Turn: ($117) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($117) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $124</font>, Hero calls $124

This seem ok, river c/shove crossed my mind

the machine 11-26-2007 07:41 PM

Re: AA deep

why not bet the turn, if hes smart reg, stack a donk wont work here and he checks behind lots of hands.

carnivalhobo 11-26-2007 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why not bet the turn, if hes smart reg, stack a donk wont work here and he checks behind lots of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

bet.call or bet/fold?

nazahl 11-26-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villain is ApobatesRacer

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I could find a river fold vs him. especially cause his play is very consistent w/ 8x and I doubt just peels the flop with spades or turns Tx into a bluff.

Rollos 11-26-2007 07:47 PM

Don't like a river c/c, his range is pretty much qq-kk. Bet/fold is much better imo.

carnivalhobo 11-26-2007 07:48 PM

notice the river betsize guys 124 into 114 wtf is that???

carnivalhobo 11-26-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't like a river c/c, his range is pretty much qq-kk. Bet/fold is much better imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

my read is he would 4bet these a lot

nazahl 11-26-2007 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
notice the river betsize guys 124 into 114 wtf is that???

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I just rivered trips and you either have AA/KK or overs that arent calling so might as well try to make it look weird/bluffy to get max value?

traz 11-26-2007 07:52 PM

If you don't think he has KK/QQ very much, what do you think he has then? If you're gonna cc a pot sized bet, it seems to me like b/f would get more value

carnivalhobo 11-26-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't think he has KK/QQ very much, what do you think he has then? If you're gonna cc a pot sized bet, it seems to me like b/f would get more value

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no idea thats why i posted... his line looks like spades but i think he knows i know this...

terp 11-26-2007 08:16 PM

i think if we b/c turn it gives him the most opportunity to put money in bad. i don't see our inducing bluffs or valuebets from worse as often by checking.

shpanko 11-26-2007 08:36 PM

I think if you're going to check the turn and river you gotta call this river bet. c/shove river is an option cuz I only really see you getting beat by 8x, and he might pay you off with Qx spades, maybe even Tx (prob not but who knows). Though all in all I think c/c is perfect. nh

ikestoys 11-26-2007 08:43 PM

betting the turn is pretty much mandatory, unless you are going for a crai, which i don't like very much here.

h_ven 11-26-2007 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the turn for value and to see where I'm at. If he's a smart reg. he knows that he can call with pretty much any PP for $26 and still have good odds since he can win an $800 pot. If he raises turn, it's going to be hard call.

[ QUOTE ]
betting the turn is pretty much mandatory, unless you are going for a crai, which i don't like very much here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either, as you know better than me, high PP lose their value the deeper they get. As played, I bet $100/f the river.

Mr_Donktastic 11-26-2007 08:49 PM

Is that your normal flop bet size in 3 bet pots?

As played I like rvr c/c, although his bet size is pretty sick.

jordiepop 11-26-2007 08:52 PM

i dont think he has an eight here ... and i doubt he checks a set on the turn ... i bet the turn and as played i call the river

Paul Thomson 11-26-2007 09:05 PM

i'd say bet-fold turn wiht a bet around $65

jordiepop 11-26-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd say bet-fold turn wiht a bet around $65

[/ QUOTE ]

if we get raised on the turn , can we exclude a hand like aq being in there range...

orange 11-26-2007 09:32 PM

can he read betsizes?

pretty important if he can or not imo.

Casper05 11-26-2007 09:36 PM

Id bet 70 on the turn and 120 on river...AS PLAYED I'd lead the river for 85.

carnivalhobo 11-27-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can he read betsizes?

pretty important if he can or not imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

considering a weak lead on the turn?

idk how good he is at that type of stuff, but apparently hes a winner in the game

Casper05 11-27-2007 03:31 PM

what is your double barrel frequency? Would he turn a hand like TT/JJ into a bluff on the turn?

I think I like the turn check if you know he wont try to push you off a monster by betting turn and shoving river with worse.

shpanko 11-27-2007 03:34 PM

to those advocating a turn bet, what are we hoping to get value out of? Or are we hoping somehow to induce a push from a worse hand/draw?

Casper05 11-27-2007 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to those advocating a turn bet, what are we hoping to get value out of? Or are we hoping somehow to induce a push from a worse hand/draw?

[/ QUOTE ]value while our range is still wide...but this depends on image I guess. I would bet, but thats because I rarely have any respect anymore- see the regs thread lol...Im "overly/retardly aggro" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

carnivalhobo 11-27-2007 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]value while our range is still wide...but this depends on image I guess. I would bet, but thats because I rarely have any respect anymore- see the regs thread lol...Im "overly/retardly aggro" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

my image is likely poor depending on how much this guys seen me spew, but ill probably be betting the turn in the future.

fwiw i called pretty fast and JTss no good.

terp 11-27-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the latter

Speedlimits 11-27-2007 11:31 PM

bet more on flop
bet the turn
get it in

916greatest 11-27-2007 11:42 PM

I think you should of bet turn to see where hes at. Check call river I think is standard

Barrin6 11-27-2007 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think if we b/c turn it gives him the most opportunity to put money in bad. i don't see our inducing bluffs or valuebets from worse as often by checking.

[/ QUOTE ]
You really think he's going to shove a draw here instead of calling when this deep?

terp 11-27-2007 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You really think he's going to shove a draw here instead of calling when this deep?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he'll do either but he might get a little saucy since we'll squirm with all of our range. even if he calls it's not the end of the world

Barrin6 11-27-2007 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he'll do either but he might get a little saucy since we'll squirm with all of our range. even if he calls it's not the end of the world

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that... $400 is like 1 month without food.

terp 11-28-2007 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that... $400 is like 1 month without food.

[/ QUOTE ]

and if he's thinking like this this is someone i want at my table

anyway my point is that a check sucks and i don't particularly hate if he folds shoves or calls when i bet, so i bet

Requin 11-28-2007 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the latter

[/ QUOTE ]Nope, the former. Pair + gutty

Irishman07 11-29-2007 01:09 AM

just read this... I'm villain. Not sure about how I played this one. This deep and against a smallish flop bet I elected to call instead of raise. I didn't expect him to fold QQ+ since I've been pretty aggro against him before, and this way I'd let him stay in the hand with hands I beat and get more value from lower pp's later in the hand or by him firing a 2nd barrel with air. I don't think raising would be bad there either, but just a choice I made.

When he checked the turn I didn't really see any value in betting. I really didn't want to get c/raised and again, I thought I'd let him possibly bluff the river or I could get value out of a lower pp. (another question: if he bets turn do any of you like shove over it? I definitely was contemplating it had he bet)

After his river check I really thought there was no way he'd have AA/KK/QQ here. So the hands that beat me in my mind are probably A10/AQ/QK/JJ. I beat all lower pp's and his air hands. To be quite honest, I thought there was an above average chance he had 99/77/910, as I thought he might value/block with the hands that beat me. I decided to make a "bluffy" overbet with 10J. It looks like 8x or nothing, so I thought he'd make a decent amount of hero calls here with hands I beat. And if happened to fold out a hand better than mine than all the better, but really my thought process was that it was for value. Certainly not my default line, but what do you think here? FWIW, I would sometimes do this exact thing with 8x and rarely a full house.

terp 11-29-2007 01:28 AM

irishman, i definitely like a turn shove against most opponents if they bet and definitely with your actual holding. you have a lot of equity but most of your outs are not getting paid and he folds a LOT this deep