Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   standard river spot with 66 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554427)

efficacy 11-25-2007 09:01 PM

standard river spot with 66

The one read I have on villain (38/20/2 over 200 hands) is from BvB: he waited for the turn to raise QJo on KTxT board and followed through on river unimproved. Probably doesn't matter much for this hand though.

PokerStars $10/$20 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">MP 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero

I think my options are b/f, c/c, and c/f. Please place in the order of your preference.

slamhound 11-25-2007 09:07 PM

Re: standard river spot with 66

If he's good I like c/c, b/f, then c/f. Concur otherwise.

kross 11-25-2007 10:13 PM

I think he'll value bet his AK/AQ hands, and any pair, thinking you're calling down with a weak A-high. He might even fire again with KQ thinking he might get you to fold A-high. I think c/c is probably best. I don't care much for b/f or c/f, I don't think you should do anything that involves folding once you make it this far.

FlopYouDead 11-25-2007 10:45 PM

I suspect c/c and donk collect the bet from AK/Q with roughly equal frequency, but c/c doesn't get bluff raised. The river donk does pretty much turn your hand over.

MacGuyV 11-25-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The river donk does pretty much turn your hand over.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys really play baby pairs like this regularly?

thrasher789 11-25-2007 11:01 PM

I really can't see you folding after calling the turn, check call I guess.

Carmine 11-25-2007 11:52 PM

I'm never B/F without a very good read that allows me to do so. I'm not C/F against a player where the only note I have says he barrels river UI. That leaves B/C and C/C and I don't like B/C without a read that he raises worse hands. So the winner is.....

That said I probably C/R the flop and get called down by ace hi every time on that board. Well there is some chance that the six outter drops once the FD gets there on the turn. I can't prove that that line is better than C/C every street against an unknown, but I feel that if he keeps initiative he gets to value bet every street when he so chooses and SD cheaply when he chooses

mattnxtc 11-26-2007 12:03 AM

With a history of river bluffing..is this not an easy c/c?

PokerSparky 11-26-2007 12:22 AM

B/F and B/C seem bad.

I hate folding, so I usually C/C, but I kinda hate calling here since I think he checks hands like AQ and AK on the river.

Oink 11-26-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The river donk does pretty much turn your hand over.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys really play baby pairs like this regularly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a guy like this who is SD bound and have a bunch of overcards in his range I am c/r'ing the flop for value hoping he 3 bets AK