Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Spew or +EV, early in Stars Daily Fifteen Grand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531945)

pocketset 10-26-2007 02:20 PM

Spew or +EV, early in Stars Daily Fifteen Grand

Sixth hand of todays fifteen grand, villain has played all 6 hands up to now, and raised 3 of them.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t20 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t1500)
MP1 (t2950)
MP2 (t1370)
CO (t1710)
Hero (t1460)
SB (t1500)
BB (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises to t60</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, Hero calls t60, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, BB calls t40

Flop: (t190) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t160</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises to t320</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t1400 (All-in)</font>

What about the preflop call ? Can (or should...) I b/f the flop ?

Dunkman 10-26-2007 02:24 PM

Re: Spew or +EV, early in Stars Daily Fifteen Grand

I'd like another caller, or to be deeper, before I called this on the button, but it's fine. There is no other way to play this flop, you're not folding middle pair + a flush draw, so get it in. You're flipping with AK, and you can't very well put him on a set, and you're even a favorite over the nut flush draw, something like KcQc. I really don't see any other way to play this flop.

Nairb 10-26-2007 02:26 PM

I would fold this pre flop this early but many would prob call me a nit. As played I would prob flat call the min raise on the flop with the intention of c/c or c/f if nothing comes on the turn that helps. What hands has villian showed down to build his stack early? A x is likely here imo.

BrandiFan 10-26-2007 02:28 PM

I think his raise is saying he has at least an ace and isn't folding, you have great odds to hit the flush since he minraised (although I prefer to check behind on flop). I am fine with preflop call.
edit: didn't see you hit the 9. Shove is gOOt.

BrandiFan 10-26-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold this pre flop this early but many would prob call me a nit. As played I would prob flat call the min raise on the flop with the intention of c/c or c/f if nothing comes on the turn that helps. What hands has villian showed down to build his stack early? A x is likely here imo.

[/ QUOTE ]You're a favorite over Ax and you may have fold equity...

M1cKmAcK 10-26-2007 02:34 PM

I'm still looking at this hand dumbfounded.

If you went broke, it's b/c you played a hand preflop that you should fold every time. J9? Even limping would be bad.. but calling a raise with J9? Wow... I don't understand... Then shoving?

M1cKmAcK 10-26-2007 02:36 PM

I didn't see that you hit your 9... I guess I understand the shove. Next time please fold pre tho.

ssnyc 10-26-2007 02:42 PM

fine pre especially on the button...umm are you serious about bet folding flop? okay then no..get it in

ssnyc 10-26-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still looking at this hand dumbfounded.

If you went broke, it's b/c you played a hand preflop that you should fold every time. J9? Even limping would be bad.. but calling a raise with J9? Wow... I don't understand... Then shoving?

[/ QUOTE ]

umm..life in a vacuum is nice but if you have an overaggressive villan and you have position you can call with J 9...just don't get married to certain flops..this one on the other hand is a keeper

M1cKmAcK 10-26-2007 02:54 PM

Maybe I just play too tight early on... I understand the logic though. And I understand the push... I misread the hand the first post... I was just saying I wouldn't shove a Jack high fd. The pair of nines changes everything. Def a favorite against almost every possible hand that he could have.