Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Line taken correct, with pocket top pair, top kicker? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546836)

maverickai 11-15-2007 01:15 PM

Line taken correct, with pocket top pair, top kicker?

BB - 32.08/9.7/2.4,3.8,2.5 134 hands
SB no reads

Ultimate Bet 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">HERO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, HERO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, HERO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, HERO calls.

Lots of aggression here, and taking preflop into acc, I decided to slowdown by calling the raise.

Turn: (9 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, HERO calls, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, HERO ??

Just had a few bad suckouts in this session. Need some comments if the line I had taken is correct.

Sushiglutton 11-15-2007 01:23 PM

Re: Line taken correct, with pocket top pair, top kicker?

I fold the river. Rest is fine.

KitCloudkicker 11-15-2007 01:29 PM

dont call 2 bets cold on the river with one pair unless you have a damn good reason to.

Absolution 11-15-2007 01:30 PM

I think you can raise the turn here on that card, but I think the flop play is fine. BB seems aggressive enough to play top pair this way. I would fold the river as played.

Jaran 11-15-2007 01:34 PM

I really don't like calling two cold on the flop. I'm really not sure that 12:2 with tptk and a bdfd is enough. What kind of range would you put BB on to cool call two?

-J

LukeSLTS 11-15-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like calling two cold on the flop. I'm really not sure that 12:2 with tptk and a bdfd is enough. What kind of range would you put BB on to cool call two?

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not a fan of the flop either, but since a couple of you agree with this line I think I may be playing these situations suboptimally. On the flop I tend three bet unknowns, but will fold if I am against more passive villains. What is the plan after we call the two cold on the flop. Are we planning on raising or folding the turn?

neurotiq 11-15-2007 02:43 PM

Fold the river. The rest looks great. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Fadook 11-15-2007 04:06 PM

Calling BB's flop raise is good as there are a lot of turn cards that can greatly affect the value of your hand. Having done that though, you should raise the turn for value/protection.
As played, fold the river. I don't see top pair being good here often enough.

maverickai 11-15-2007 11:31 PM

I would put BB on 99,TT,JJ, some kinda overcards heart flush draw, KJ, JQ, AJ and little possbility of AK.

But at these limits, folding would be -EV. players raise with all kinds of things on the flop.

I have backdoor flush draw, and 5 more outs (A,J) which might give me top hand.

Raising turn might be correct, but I'll only be pushing SB out if he's holding on to AK (he'll face 6:1 pot odds with my raise, and drawing too slim since his A outs are useless.)

But actually BB seems like a retard. He called on the flop, but donked out on the turn when a rag fell.

MacGuyV 11-15-2007 11:46 PM

It's perfect so far. Folding the flop is absurd. We have BB beat ~always. I don't like raising the turn because if SB attempts some lame c/r we can get away pretty easily.