Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   3bet heuristics -- nl cash (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537219)

whaahhahahah 11-02-2007 08:56 PM

3bet heuristics -- nl cash

for your average passive player against your average 2p2er --

1. if i call in position pf, felt top pair because he never has anything

2 . . . ?

KexChoklad123 11-02-2007 10:51 PM

Re: 3bet heuristics -- nl cash

How can there be a 2 when we are all-in on number 1?

Also, I do not understand your Q

ekko1 11-02-2007 11:53 PM

this is hurting my head trying to figure out what you are asking.

chrismystero 11-03-2007 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is hurting my head trying to figure out what you are asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

HokieGreg 11-03-2007 01:32 AM

heuristics = rules of thumb / common sense

he's just looking for other standard 3-betting "rules" to follow

2. if i call in position preflop and villain checks to me on the flop...be scared...very scared.

Isura 11-04-2007 02:09 AM

LOL definitely don't play HU if you are looking for rigid guidelines.

HokieGreg 11-04-2007 02:45 AM

rules of thumb = rigid guidelines?

whaahhahahah 11-04-2007 05:11 PM

not looking for them myself . . .

looking for how others (specifically passives) play/think.

these don't have to be strict. rules of thumb is pretty much what i'm thinking about here.

how_can_losing? 11-04-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. if i call in position preflop and villain checks to me on the flop...be scared...very scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on, some weirdos 3bet a wide range and turbo c/f flop unless they hit.

HokieGreg 11-04-2007 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how_can_losing? 11-04-2007 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And by "some" I mean, 3bet oop followed by flop check does not make me "scared, very scared" more often than not. With the opponents I play, I am scared less than 50% of the time--meaning, this is not a good heuristic in my case. (I have been playing mostly $50 and $100 the last few weeks, and I assume you play higher.)

Maybe I am not calling enough 3bets or something, so my postflop range is narrower and stronger than it should be, and this makes me less scared.

Or maybe I play more villains who are weak postflop.

People_Mover 11-04-2007 10:01 PM

i really like your question and hope a lot of people will respond on it. We could open up a whole discussion on 3 betting like calling ranges, 4 bet ranges and what we're stacking off with. It's all case by case though, what if you 3 bet with 6/7 and the flop is 7 4 2 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

lwrunner103 11-04-2007 11:30 PM

It's player dependant.

HokieGreg 11-04-2007 11:40 PM

/thread

creedofhubris 11-05-2007 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i really like your question and hope a lot of people will respond on it. We could open up a whole discussion on 3 betting like calling ranges, 4 bet ranges and what we're stacking off with. It's all case by case though, what if you 3 bet with 6/7 and the flop is 7 4 2 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

need more info.

do we have running flush draw?

if so, gambooooooool

bozzer 11-05-2007 10:10 AM

2. call and see a flop

tmcdmck 11-05-2007 01:56 PM

I like this question. Obviously it depends on a whole lot, but that goes without saying. i feel it is most commonly "i missed the flop and intend to fold" or "wow i just flopped a beast of a hand".

That being said, the two times i use the 3bet check flop are "i just missed the flop and there is no way my opponent missed the flop, hell my 3bet pre was just because they were foliding so much" and "my hand has definite showdown value, and i am going to have a hard time folding it, plus it is unlikely to be outdrawn, but i may well be way behing (ie AK on an AJJ board) so i am going to check, which makes sure i am as far ahead of my opponents range as i can be if they put money in the pot, as they may be bluffing".

I do not think it is too hard to figure which it is in most situations; you just have to consider their 3betting frequencies and continuation betting frequencies. In a vacuum I normally takes a small stab at the pot, and get out quick if they do anything but fold, but this might be a bit of a leak, i am not really sure.

I actually want to go away and have a bigger think about this though, so i might post again.