Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   PLO100 - is my line ok here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508826)

Elrazor 09-25-2007 04:42 AM

PLO100 - is my line ok here?

SB berated me here for the way i played it, but i thought i got it spot on - anyone disagree??

Cryptologic
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $102.54
CO: $108
Button: $143.85
SB: $138.35
BB: $58.61

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $4</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($9, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $9</font>, Hero calls.

ok ove flopped nothing and SB has bet into me - hes running 30/20/2.75, but im playing fewer tables tonight so im paying attention to my opponents more than usual - his AF stats per street are 4.4, 1.4, 1.0 over 365 hands this session, im planning to take it off him if a club comes, and i always have backdoor diamonds.......

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($27, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $27</font>, Hero calls.

ok so he has something and he wants me to go away - im sure he has me on the nut club draw at this point, and if he has a set i have 13 clean outs - more importantly if a diamond drops and he checks, its surely to let me 'bluff' my missed club draw so he can call. had i missed a diamond here and he had bet out i would fold as his range has narrowed with his turn bet and he may well have clubs himself. i think i have huge implied odds so i call

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($81, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $20</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $62.54</font>, SB calls.

um hand kinda plays itself from here

Results:
Final pot: $206.08
Hero shows 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB shows 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Ribbo 09-25-2007 04:48 AM

Re: PLO100 - is my line ok here?

I'd be tempted to raise the turn as a semi bluff. You've picked up a deuce and a 6 as straight outs and I really don't see opponent holding 56 himself, plus unless he has JJ or 77 it makes it extremely difficult to call himself.
I hate the flop, it's about as bad as it gets for AA with no flush draw so calling is fine. You really want a blank turn before going to war.

TimberBee 09-25-2007 05:51 AM

I dislike Preflop

Ribbo 09-25-2007 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dislike Preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is perfectly fine.

alavet 09-25-2007 08:31 AM

yeah for villian your actions looks dumb but after uve expained it i love it

MYRKO 09-25-2007 09:43 AM

Preflop and flop are fine.

Turn is esay fold.
In the Best case you are coin flip.

DonCologne 09-25-2007 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn is esay fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain has JJ** or 77** without a clubs draw, I can count 16 outs (4 deuces, 4 sixes, 2 aces, the 5,8,9,J,Q,K of diamonds) + the 8,9,T,Q,K of cubs giving Hero the good chance to bluff villain out of the pot.

So you will fold 16 outs giving you odds of 26/16 = 1.625/1 (against JJ** or 77**) against a pot size bet, which means pot odds of 2/1?

Even with 13 outs (without the 2,6,A of clubs) you have odds of 2.23/1 and with implied odds (Elrazor describe it in his first posting) it is an easy call or maybe a raise (Ribbo describe it why).

FireStorm 09-25-2007 12:29 PM

If you know you have nothing on the flop, fold, seems pretty simple. I'm not sure why you think it's so easy to rep clubs if they turn, does he never have a hand involving them here?

Turn, you have huge impled odds? Really? interesting. You're calling $27, you have $62 left, which he would have to call after the river is a card that hurts his hand.

Aisthesis 09-25-2007 03:57 PM

very well-played imo

Aisthesis 09-25-2007 04:11 PM

I'll just also add that I don't think (unless this is quite different 6max than FR) there are a whole lot of JJ and 77 hands in villain's range.

I think you'll see KK quite a bit, another AA, 456 hands, 89T hands, and probably also some J hands with outs to top 2.

I'd JJ is a bigger part of your own range than villain's (at least judging from the way I'd be playing--I'd call with a lot of JJ hands, but it's going to be quite a strong one if I raise).

Anyhow, I do think raising the turn is an option--not sure that I like it better than your line, though, as you'll likely fold out some hands that you'd like in there. It's also not clear to me that you end up laying down a winner on the river very often if you flat call and miss. I can't see his firing yet again on the river without something better than AA.