Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Brags: Few live outsucking displays (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=224602)

Grizwold 09-30-2006 05:28 AM

Brags: Few live outsucking displays

Weeeeee. OK so I'm pretty much a live 2/4 limit player, and have been playing online when I find time, still at the beginning stages in poker. So I have played about 80 hours live in the month since I've been 21. Up and down, still improving my game a lot. Of course people suck out on me, but I haven't really sucked out on anyone live yet. I have online over about 10k hands, but live suck outs (for much more stakes than I play online) are so much more memorable for me. Finally I was behind in these 2 hands and sucked out nicely. Hahaha take that suckas.

#1 Yesterday I had AcJc in middle position and raised preflop. Caller in late position was another young rock (someone has called me that at the table lol). 2 to the flop, flop came Ad7h4d. I bet, he raised, I 3-bet, he calls. Turn comes Xd, I bet he calls. River comes Ks I bet he calls. I didn't even notice the turn card rank til the hand was over cause I zonked out and just did not register it idk (no, I wasn't intoxicated)... By the time he called that river too, I was thinking oh no, I hope he doesn't have AK or AQ now... After this hand ended I realized how much I messed it up lol. It was like I was in another zone or something, which is what made the suckout so great. He flipped over AQ... and I stared at it and was about to much my AJ til the dealer said Aces and Sevens w/ a King. Then I flipped over my Ace and chopped! Ahahaha. That turn was a 7, and I realized I hit runner runner when I was in bad shape.

#2 Tonight 2/4 live, I had JJ preflop and raised from UTG+2, 1 caller, villain in CO 3-bets, blind calls, I cap, all call (16sb). Q83r 1 check, I bet, 1 fold, villain calls, bb folds. Turn blank, I bet, hero puts in his last 4 chips and has KK. So this time I try asking for it, "give it to me baby", and the 2-outter hits! whoooooooo! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

PS- and I finally connected on a flush draw tonight after like 15 missed ones! Even thought the chance to hit it is always the same. I haven't been able to complete any OESD lately either; damn live is tough cause so many fewer hands...

killsadie 09-30-2006 06:04 AM

Re: Brags: Few live outsucking displays

yeah.

radioheadfan 09-30-2006 06:26 AM

bbv hall of fame?

Grizwold 09-30-2006 09:42 AM

Haha, not even close.

Kilillan 09-30-2006 09:43 AM

I've never even seen a game as low as 2/4 spread before.

how could you even beat the rake in such a low game

wiseheart 09-30-2006 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bbv hall of shame?

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

1.6.0.5. 09-30-2006 12:58 PM

Wow totally awesome dude teach me the way

AE6 09-30-2006 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never even seen a game as low as 2/4 spread before.

how could you even beat the rake in such a low game

[/ QUOTE ]
Hint: you can't.

Grizwold 09-30-2006 04:35 PM

Well, it's not spread limit, it's fixed limit. And the drop is huge, any pot w/ a bet called after the flop rakes $3 +$1 for BBJ. Often it comes to well over 10% but the game is still certainly beatable. I'm still poker newbie and donk away many bets while still learning, and after about 80 hours playing live I'm down about $30. This is much more than the amount that was raked from the pots I won + tips, but that is part of the game and I'm not complaining. Certainly a better player can clean up in these games; I still have much to learn and a lot of room for improvement. BTW, I typically don't make mistakes so big as the ones I made in these hands, which is why I found them reason to brag. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]