Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Straight on a 2x paired bord, b/f or c/f river? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508914)

larm 09-25-2007 08:58 AM

Straight on a 2x paired bord, b/f or c/f river?

MP is unknown and CO is 37/4/1.4 over 350 hands

Full Tilt 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

River: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ?.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

mattnxtc 09-25-2007 09:19 AM

Re: Straight on a 2x paired bord, b/f or c/f river?

I think I c/c if the co bets c/f if the mp bets

maybe just c/f it all...you dont beat much

Oink 09-25-2007 09:22 AM

I think they bet Ax too often for you to c/f

This is a standard c/c for me.

Saikkonen 09-25-2007 09:24 AM

I tend to checkcall this if I finish the sequence. If it is a bet and a raise it is a clear fold. If it is a check, bet you may call. You should not put more money in the pot than 1 bet. If they're passive I could b/f. But if even one is aggressive I would not give him/her the opportunity to bluff us out and I would c/c but just for one bet.

Oink 09-25-2007 09:30 AM

I just realized that they will prolly play the board and call any 2 cards. So perhaps this is a valuebet..?

mattnxtc 09-25-2007 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think the co may bet Ax, but I have a hard time thinkin at this level that the MP would.

Oink 09-25-2007 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think the co may bet Ax, but I have a hard time thinkin at this level that the MP would.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

mattnxtc 09-25-2007 09:51 AM

MP would be betting into two people with ax after showing no strength whatsoever in the hand up to this point.

Oink 09-25-2007 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MP would be betting into two people with ax after showing no strength whatsoever in the hand up to this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think an unknown at these stakes are quite capable of betting Ax in that spot. Missed draws as well.

TheHip41 09-25-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think an unknown at these stakes are quite capable of betting Ax in that spot. Missed draws as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

and 66

i c/c the river. you are only losing to Kx, and there are only two K left