Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   considering not being head mod of OOT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=525449)

NT! 10-17-2007 11:34 PM

considering not being head mod of OOT

guys,

i have been wicked busy and am starting to feel like perhaps it's time for me to take a back seat as OOT mod to someone else, be it a current mod or someone new.

a big part of me wants to wait until the software switch and help make sure the transition goes well. another part of me is getting his ass kicked right now and is dead tired.

i would like to continue being a mod of OOT. i really only anticipate being super busy for the next two months or so, it may be that all i need is a little extra help until then.

daryn, nick, can you chime in here? sometimes i don't get the sense that other people are cleaning up crap threads, but it's hard to tell because i may just not see them before you get to them. i'd like to hear you guys' thoughts in general.

tuq 10-17-2007 11:45 PM

Re: considering not being head mod of OOT

NT!,

Off-topic, but pretty please let the Sox come back in this series. An Indians-Rockies WS pretty much makes me want to commit Harry Caray.

NT! 10-18-2007 12:43 AM

o sry let me get right on that

daryn 10-18-2007 12:05 PM

yeah i do a ton of locking, deleting, some temp banning here and there. i'm just not that vocal about it unless someone starts bitching. i do have a slightly different vision than you, mostly the same but slightly different, so there are probably some threads you would instalock that i would let play out. other than that there's not much difference.

NT! 10-18-2007 04:06 PM

that's cool by me

i would be happy to hear about it when you have a differing opinion, i tend more to the hardass side of things and i'm aware of that.

daryn 10-18-2007 06:12 PM

yeah they haven't been big issues at all or i would have prob. brought something up, but i agree w/ how you run/ran things in general. next time it comes up i'll let ya know. do you have aim or anything gay like that? my name is nojiggity

NT! 10-19-2007 03:13 AM

i haven't been on AIM in forever but my nick (not sure if it is even good anymore) is nothumb83

if i did decide to step back a bit what do people think is the best course of action?

Dynasty 10-19-2007 05:04 AM

Just step back. We don't need a gameplan for it.

If you think you'll be off the site a lot and it would impact OOT, then reccomend an additional mod.

Gildwulf 10-19-2007 09:23 AM

NT but who is going to be the evil posterboy that will rally the hungry masses of bbv4l together?

daryn 10-19-2007 12:18 PM

well i'm on a lot.. but it's not like i have a job during the day where i'm on 2p2 for 8 hours at a time. maybe we need another mod. maybe me and nick and yeti can just pick up the slack. i'm not really against having extra help.

ahnuld 10-19-2007 01:25 PM

sorta off topic but whatever did happen to censored?

private joker 10-19-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorta off topic but whatever did happen to censored?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read this thread

miajag 10-19-2007 08:14 PM

Maybe you guys could bring mrkilla on as a "morning" mod as was suggested and daryn et al. could pick up the slack otherwise?

Yeti 10-19-2007 08:54 PM

i am now the morning mod. i just need to work on getting up before 3pm.

tuq 10-20-2007 02:07 PM

Does OOT really need a "head mod" (although that title sets up perfectly for a dig at NT!, heh)? Is that person just some sort of flak-catcher for all the decisions that have been made?

Going from memory, the diebitter/astroglide "era" was a time when there was nobody "clearly" in charge but it seemed to work out well enough. Plus I'm pretty sure the forum had more traffic back then.

I'm not sure where my recent stands in ModWars™ have left me, but I'd be open to being added. OOT is probably still the forum I lurk/post in the most (Sports being a close second; Lounge and Golf I check frequently but their volume is smaller). An added bonus would be to create a pseudo-bridge between OOT and the Lounge, a rift that seems to have existed since the latter's inception.

No big deal either way. I just don't think that being a mod of OOT - particularly now that it's a bit slower - means being hated, thus I wouldn't consider myself a target. I'm just around a lot.

daryn 10-20-2007 02:23 PM

i got it

tuq 10-20-2007 02:36 PM

gah, I wrote all those words and was foiled by daryn's three word response.

OK fine nga, just beat the Indians tonight and tomorrow plz. I tried posting that upthread but I seem to have gotten NT!'s goat, which is weird because I've heard he's more "into" sheep. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

NT! 10-21-2007 02:09 AM

tuq,

no. you can't mod OOT, considering every time we delete a terrible, no-effort thread from there (which has been a policy since way before i was even a mod) you respond by saying people should be allowed to post that crap because it gives a community feeling.

if you want community go back to sucking guys off at the Y imo.

tuq 10-21-2007 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you want community go back to sucking guys off at the Y imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hay no problem, the last time I swung by there I serviced half the Red Sox. IMO Papelbon's dick tastes like chicken and he kept calling me "Derek" for some weird reason.

NT! 10-21-2007 02:44 AM

tuq it's not gay if they just let you suck them off

...for them anyway.

tuq 10-21-2007 02:56 AM

NT!,

If you were a toothy crocodile in the Everglades I would call you an insta-gator!!!

Eurotrash 10-21-2007 04:16 AM

somebody tell Commodus to get off his lazy [censored] ass imo.

diebitter 10-21-2007 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
somebody tell Commodus to get off his lazy [censored] ass imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

second

tuq 10-21-2007 10:57 AM

[censored] Commodus and the chariot he rode in on IMO.

diebitter 10-21-2007 10:59 AM

COMMODUS, YO!

YOUR PEOPLE NEED YOU, THE PEASANTS ARE REVOLTING.

NT! 10-21-2007 06:18 PM

commodus is welcome to make OOT his personal fiefdom again whenever he pleases