Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   NL100 - AA 250BBs deep and raise on blank turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539537)

Burdzthewurd 11-06-2007 05:46 AM

NL100 - AA 250BBs deep and raise on blank turn

NL100 6-max

Villain and I have about $250 each. I've only played one pot with him where he called my c-bet on the flop with a FD and I gave up with J-high, and he fired pot on river then showed the ten-high FD when I mucked. I always feel like I'm boned when they make a fat raise on some worthless turn and can't seem to talk myself out of mucking on river..

1 fold, Hero raises to $4 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 1 fold, Villain calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets $8, Villain calls.

Turn 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets $14, Villain raises to $37, Hero calls.

River K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain bets $75, Hero calls.

rberg 11-06-2007 06:26 AM

Re: NL100 - AA 250BBs deep and raise on blank turn

any other reads/stats on how villian plays in general?

since you saw him making moves before, i dont mind your play here. The flop is so dry that he could have floated to take it away later. Also might have been coldcalling otb for similar reasons.

Zelvak 11-06-2007 06:42 AM

This smells like a slowplayed 55 or 22, but then again I don't know if I can fold given your read.

Burdzthewurd 11-06-2007 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
any other reads/stats on how villian plays in general?

since you saw him making moves before, i dont mind your play here. The flop is so dry that he could have floated to take it away later. Also might have been coldcalling otb for similar reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

No other reads/stats. I dunno about the floating, I don't generally believe unknowns/bad players do this too much.

shandyboy 11-06-2007 07:33 AM

readless, that turn bet scares me on such a dry flop, smells like a flopped set, or a floating 77 that got their on the turn.
I think QQ/KK re raises pre?
AJ is poss i guess, but not sure he raises the turn, ditto KJ, again i dont see him raising turn.

This is air or a monster in my opinion.

If villain is a thinking player, then the raise could be air, as he knows on such a dry flop and turn u are unlikely to be able to take much heat so deep.
However, i think more likely is that he has a monster here.

Unknown Soldier 11-06-2007 07:59 AM

if you have a read go for it. his range is probably ridic polarized though