Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   BCS championship game scenarios (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554292)

smbruin22 11-25-2007 06:07 PM

BCS championship game scenarios

is it still highly confusing?

or is it west virginia-missouri if they both win? (not too optimistic on TV ratings, but i like both teams).

then ohio state in the wings if one stumbles.

if both stumble (WVU very, very unlikely), then who does OSU play? so many potential teams, but is there basically an obvious one (LSU??)??

thanks in advance!!.. i just saw the BCS poll and it seems like missouri and WV are way ahead (and WV should destroy pitt, although rivalry game)

ClarkNasty 11-25-2007 06:19 PM

Re: bcs championship game??

Yes, it's WVU-UM if they both win.

Needle77 11-25-2007 06:23 PM

Will this officially cause the universe to implode if it does end up being Mizzou vs WVU? GO Big East FTW!

GBP04 11-25-2007 06:23 PM

I don't know all the possible matchups but I do know that I'd be happy with Mizzou/WVU, LSU/WVU. LSU/Mizzou and maybe LSU/OSU. I do want to see USC play a big game, but they are to o far out of it.

smbruin22 11-25-2007 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know all the possible matchups but I do know that I'd be happy with Mizzou/WVU, LSU/WVU. LSU/Mizzou and maybe LSU/OSU. I do want to see USC play a big game, but they are to o far out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

what i was thinking though is that failing highly improbable Pitt upset over WVU, it will be 2 of OSU, WVU, missouri...... i don't think others have a chance failing WVU losing....

i think missouri showed that they are an explosive top quality team.... i did think that kansas would have been killed in championship game with the huge layoff.

WVU-missouri will be an intriguing football matchup. but i think the general public would rather see a relative upstart vs. a behemoth (sp??)

AngusThermopyle 11-25-2007 07:10 PM

Mizzou v WVa if both wins out.
Ohio State gets in if one of them loses.
Georgia in if both lose.
Kansas no chance. They cannot jump Ohio St or Georgia since all three teams are done playing.
VaTech would have to jump three idle teams. I don't think a win over BC can be that impressive.

XXXNoahXXX 11-25-2007 07:12 PM

if osu gets in and wins ill puke

ClarkNasty 11-25-2007 07:23 PM

I do think it's "lol funny" that Georgia could get in despite not even PLAYING in their conference title game.

Awesome system.

KUJustin 11-25-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Georgia in if both lose.
Kansas no chance. They cannot jump Ohio St or Georgia since all three teams are done playing.
VaTech would have to jump three idle teams. I don't think a win over BC can be that impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really close between Georgia and Kansas with the computers favoring Kansas. A little campaigning to the pollsters might be just enough for KU in that scenario of MU and WVU losing. Obviously it's a big longshot, but it's not an impossibility.

BigSoonerFan 11-25-2007 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Georgia in if both lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really close between Georgia and Kansas with the computers favoring Kansas. A little campaigning to the pollsters might be just enough for KU in that scenario of MU and WVU losing. Obviously it's a big longshot, but it's not an impossibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope that common sense prevails and Georgia gets in before Kansas.