Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   10nl: AK turn decision (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551763)

Wilpro 11-21-2007 08:49 PM

10nl: AK turn decision

I hate the way i play, seem to never know when to bet, and when i should be checking. Advcice on this hand please. Not sure about villain, no stats/reads.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $8.30
Hero (BTN): $18.80
SB: $9.50
BB: $3.85
UTG: $6.45
MP: $10.60

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.30</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.90</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.95) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.55</font>, MP calls $1.55

Turn: ($5.05) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $8.15 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $5.15

River: ($21.35) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

apple11 11-21-2007 09:03 PM

Re: 10nl: AK turn decision

C/r the turn all in is almost always a monster at 10nl unless you have a read that says otherwise

TheSalche 11-21-2007 09:04 PM

Check behind the turn for pot control. It's unlikely that the river will help his hand. Call a 1/2 pot sized bet or so on the river, fold to anything more. He's only raising this turn with a hand that beats you, but you are getting good odds to call ... still a fold though.

Wilpro 11-21-2007 09:08 PM

damn was reading so much theory about re raises on the turn being strength, feel dumb for betting it.
Thanks for tips [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

doppelganger 11-21-2007 09:39 PM

I disagree w/ comments that you should check the turn through. Villain has flat called a 3bet and shown no real strength in the hand yet, I don't see why we would see monsters and check a turn that usually gives us the best hand in a 3bet pot.

Before the checkraise, I would have villain's range in the neighborhood of 88+/AJs+, most of which we are well ahead of on the turn. No reason not to bet here, we just hit a very favorable card for AK and the flop was pretty safe.

We're really only losing to quads or a badly played AA/KK and villain's line really doesn't make much sense to me. I think we'll be splitting with another AK as often as we'll see AA/KK.

Then again, there is of course Baluga to think about. I dunno, I guess with 2:1 pot odds it's close enough that I call out of curiosity.

Micro Donk 11-21-2007 09:41 PM

checking the turn also gives us more value from worse hands

but as played it looks fine, you cant fold after his c/r

doppelganger 11-21-2007 09:45 PM

That's a fair point. Assuming we're ahead, we usually have our villain drawing to 2 outs so we're not risking much by checking and will probably induce bluffs from QQ/JJ on the river.

I need to focus more on winning money instead of winning pots.

Micro Donk 11-21-2007 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a fair point. Assuming we're ahead, we usually have our villain drawing to 2 outs so we're not risking much by checking and will probably induce bluffs from QQ/JJ on the river.

I need to focus more on winning money instead of winning pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

well QQ/JJ wouldnt be bluffing, our hand wuold look like 88-99 and they would likely value bet.

but yes, although we risk giving a free card to 89, their range is usually Tx, or a pocket pair below a K. so we can lose the minimum and win the maximum by checking and betting river i think

Wilpro 11-21-2007 09:52 PM

if i check turn, and he pots the river, is it an easy call? Be about a $5 bet.

Micro Donk 11-21-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i check turn, and he pots the river, is it an easy call? Be about a $5 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats my intention. check behind turn, call any river, bet if he checks riv