Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   $5+0.50 Lagging behind the pack 5-handed, trying to get value from TT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554445)

mosdef 11-25-2007 09:24 PM

$5+0.50 Lagging behind the pack 5-handed, trying to get value from TT

Is there a better line here?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t50 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t2360)
Hero (t1295)
Button (t2285)
SB (t3425)
BB (t4135)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t125</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t100, BB calls t75

Flop: (t375) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t1170 (All-in)</font>

vers 11-25-2007 09:57 PM

Re: $5+0.50 Lagging behind the pack 5-handed, trying to get value from

you get more value by betting something like 275 rather than shoving.

mosdef 11-25-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you get more value by betting something like 275 rather than shoving.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I bet 275 and everyone folds, that's no better to me than going all-in and having everyone fold.

If I bet 275 and someone calls, the pot will be 925 and my stack will be 895. Doesn't 275 get me pot committed with a ton of overs and draw-completing scare cards for the turn?

TruFloridaGator 11-25-2007 10:12 PM

315ish is good, but could still entice a shove by a bluff or a smaller pair. If 1 calls, just shove any turn.

mosdef 11-25-2007 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
315ish is good, but could still entice a shove by a bluff or a smaller pair. If 1 calls, just shove any turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not clear to me that this makes sense. If they called my flop bet, they are either way behind or way ahead by the turn. In that case, I get nothing from shoving the turn that I couldn't get by checking behind on the turn to induce a bluff on the river then calling.

Duerig 11-27-2007 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they called my flop bet, they are either way behind or way ahead by the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. I think if you bet smaller on the flop you could get called by a lot of overcards or straight draws.

mosdef 11-27-2007 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If they called my flop bet, they are either way behind or way ahead by the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. I think if you bet smaller on the flop you could get called by a lot of overcards or straight draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right - and those overcards and straight draws will either be way behind on the turn if they missed or way ahead if they hit. If I shove the turn, they call if they hit and fold if they missed, so I don't like a plan that involves me shoving the turn because nothing good can happen if I shove the turn.

Duerig 11-28-2007 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right - and those overcards and straight draws will either be way behind on the turn if they missed or way ahead if they hit. If I shove the turn, they call if they hit and fold if they missed, so I don't like a plan that involves me shoving the turn because nothing good can happen if I shove the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think at this level they're somewhat likely to call the turn on a draw, whereas it's pretty unlikely that the turn checks through and they miss again on the river AND they decide to bluff. I think you have the best hand a lot of the time on the turn, and I think it's a mistake to check when your opponent can have 6 outs.

jcawley 11-28-2007 02:33 AM

i would be betting around 300, enticing a bad straight draw call(or tp on flop), and play turn accordingly, u have position.