Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   For all the haters of my diet/eating comments (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538956)

AZK 11-05-2007 02:34 PM

For all the haters of my diet/eating comments

http://www.arthurdevany.com/2007/11/...fs_repo_1.html

I follow a slightly looser version of this, working on tightening it down...

Wynton 11-05-2007 02:49 PM

Re: For all the haters of my diet/eating comments

I have no idea who the haters are or what your diet is.

Wolfram 11-05-2007 02:54 PM

I'm guessing paleolithic diet, and the hatin' was done in other threads.

istewart 11-05-2007 03:12 PM

Obviously pregnant in pic #1.

kyleb 11-05-2007 03:29 PM

why would people hate the paleo diet? it's pretty good and some variant of it is usually followed by most serious fighters/MMA people. last time i checked, they seemed to be in fairly decent shape.

AZK 11-05-2007 03:57 PM

Most people weren't knocking the paleo, more the intermittent fasting part...

miajag 11-05-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, the "before" pictures are 2 months into CrossFit, but still eating badly. The "after" pictures are 2 years later of CrossFit and Paleo/EF eating.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The results are convincing that EF or CrossFit Paleo works wonderfully.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong, there's no reason to think there's anything wrong with this diet, but the methodology here is pretty lol.

J.Brown 11-05-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people weren't knocking the paleo, more the intermittent fasting part...

[/ QUOTE ]

i have never knocked the fasting, but have become a big fan of caloric restriction (in theory much more than in practice mind you) than fasting per se, but i think as a whole even people who are diet conscience eat more cals per day than needed.

AZK 11-05-2007 04:10 PM

I agree. I think he was trying to show that the working out is irrelevant, looks are essentially genetics and diet. Sure you can add more muscle to your frame, but the best results will come from a proper diet (not necessarily looks wise, health wise). It'd be great if they had a dozen people on CF eating whatever, a dozen on CF eating zone, a dozen on CF eating paleo, a dozen on CF eating paleo/IF and a dozen people doing nothing. But I doubt they can get that together.

cbloom 11-05-2007 05:48 PM

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove in OP, but showing someone lose a lot of weight doesn't prove a damn thing about anything. It doesn't mean that they're now healthy or that the diet was a particularly good one. And yes, most people will get the greatest benefit in appearance from dieting, especially if they're starting out overweight.

I don't think anyone has any problem with paleo. (there is no good science behind the idea that paleo is somehow better than any other well-balanced nutritionally sound diet, but whatever, paleo's cool)

Calorie restriction (which is basically the same as IF) does indeed seem to extend life, but good luck adding muscle under calorie restriction. Those pictures took people who already had plenty of mass and cut them down. I've seen several people who have chosen long-term calorie restriction and they look totally unhealthy. There's a reason why most of the researchers who tested calorie restriction and IF don't actually practice it.

BTW I've mentioned this before but the high G-flux of bodybuilders almost certainly shortens life and increases the chances of organ failures. I think most of them are fine with that.

I mean who really cares if your life expectancy is 75 or 77 years?