Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   blind defense with A9o against a 2+2'er (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=501330)

rzk 09-14-2007 09:34 PM

blind defense with A9o against a 2+2\'er

i don't know who this player is but he's a regular with solid tag stats.

is the flop c/r fine? stox recommends doing this with Ahigh hands on some boards, but i don't know why.

overall this seems like a misplayed hand... should i c/c turn? c/c flop?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: 6.25BB

NinaWilliams 09-14-2007 09:50 PM

Re: blind defense with A9o against a 2+2\'er

Ive stopped doing this. I think this line is ok vs passive/straight forward players because they'll never make you fold the best hand and often take a free card on the turn. My usual line vs good tags/lags is c/c flop and reevaluate turn, c/cing when the board pairs or I pick up a gutshot or a pair, c/f'ing with a broadway card comes off. If I get to the river I usually c/f vs a tag and c/c vs a lag.

Tryptamean 09-14-2007 10:00 PM

I play it this way sometimes, but I'm not sure if its right

Oink 09-14-2007 10:04 PM

@ Nina

Depending on the board you shouldnt fold a lot of rivers vs a TAG. Even TAGs will 3 barrel J, Q and K high as a bluff or valuebet A high on double paired boards. They will 3-barrel J high if they see you take c/c c/c c/f lines in particular.

I also think its too weak to c/f a broadway turn here. I peel this flop and I peel any non club turn. I dont mind he takes a free card even tho it sucks in this hand. Its not a problem for me since I also peel 75o on this flop and then I want him to check behind the turn.

BTW I agree about the c/r line. Against a thinking LAG/TAG you will be bluffed of the best hand a lot on the turn since he will think you are FOS when you c/r.

NinaWilliams 09-14-2007 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also think its too weak to c/f a broadway turn here. I peel this flop and I peel any non club turn. I dont mind he takes a free card even tho it sucks in this hand. Its not a problem for me since I also peel 75o on this flop and then I want him to check behind the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre right about c/fing a broadway turn. We have about ~40% equity still on an offsuit Q or J. I do think a TAG is taking a free showdown with a vast majority of his hands though. If hes value betting A high, which is rare, his A high almost certainly beats A9 high. He should take a free showdown with his K high hands as well IMO. Combined with that fact that the river card will reduce our equity usually, and the fact that he doesnt bet 100% of his range on the river means we should usually be folding.

sebastien 09-15-2007 01:34 AM

as you play i fold flop.

but i prefere trebet pf and lead flop.

Oink 09-15-2007 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre right about c/fing a broadway turn. We have about ~40% equity still on an offsuit Q or J. I do think a TAG is taking a free showdown with a vast majority of his hands though. If hes value betting A high, which is rare, his A high almost certainly beats A9 high. He should take a free showdown with his K high hands as well IMO. Combined with that fact that the river card will reduce our equity usually, and the fact that he doesnt bet 100% of his range on the river means we should usually be folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

My post was unclear. My bad.

If a broadway turns I agree about c/f the river.

I should have pointed out that its fra from all boards that I will c/c the river against a TAG. And it also depends on reads.

But you will find TAGs who 3 barrels 98 if the board comes 2T626. On that board I would also see a SD with Kx ad possibly Qx depending on the player and reads and bla bla.