Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   k10o bb (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=447778)

siegfriedandroy 07-10-2007 03:50 PM

k10o bb

A player who Ive heard is 'good' opens on the button. Only have 150 hands on him, and so far he is ridiculously tight (17/12). I defend w/ k10o.

Flop is A K J w/ 2 clubs. What should my plan be?

geormiet 07-10-2007 03:53 PM

Re: k10o bb

chk call chk call chk fold. Folding riv would be most profitable in a vacuum but calling is good for your image and for seeing his hand.

Enon 07-11-2007 03:31 AM

If you don't have club in your hand and turn is blank club, somtimes I donk out and fold to a raise.

roflnub 07-11-2007 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
chk call chk call chk fold. Folding riv would be most profitable in a vacuum but calling is good for your image and for seeing his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats the best way to play it. Maybe you are ahaed otherwise you have some outs. On the river you can be nearly sure that you are beat. I don't think villain will bet the river with a worse hand than yours. He will do it only when you have the image of a calling station.

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't have club in your hand and turn is blank club, somtimes I donk out and fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see much value there. You haven't got much information about his hand even when he raises you. He can have nearly every pair with a club and even a lone flushdraw. With a flush I don't think u would mostly play like this what makes that play very unbalance.

Bill Haywood 07-11-2007 10:39 AM

If he's so tight, bet out. He'll fold pocket under pairs. If he raises, expect to see an ace or two pair. Then call, fold turn ui.

geormiet 07-11-2007 06:22 PM

Why do you want him to fold pp's? If he has 88 and he's a tagfish he'll be the flop and turn and check the river, which would be an awesome result.

What about when he just calls the flop (which i think will be the most common result)?

JDalla 07-12-2007 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What about when he just calls the flop (which i think will be the most common result)?

[/ QUOTE ]

In this situation I would check/call almost any turn and many rivers, with the exception of a J or K. I'm not sure if this is optimal, but I feel like a lot of players will take stabs at it if you check turn to them (with an underpair for example). Obviously you have to consider other clubs falling, and whether or not you have any clubs.

baronzeus 07-17-2007 12:00 PM

haha some of the advice in this forum is so bad

i'd probably go c/c c/c c/f

brettbrettr 07-17-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If he's so tight, bet out. He'll fold pocket under pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now why would we want that?

gemmer 07-17-2007 03:17 PM

c/c c/c c/f, but c/c river if turn is club