Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2,2 in SB (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=470592)

xerxesthegod 08-06-2007 12:37 PM

2,2 in SB

Opponent is 35/15/1 type

I think a turn check call might be better since the board is drawy and he will probably bet for me anyways even if he is on a draw.

PokerRoom 3/6 Hold'em (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB

PokerSparky 08-06-2007 12:44 PM

Re: 2,2 in SB

Check call seems the worst of your options. I probably just check fold the turn.

sharpie 08-06-2007 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just check fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oink 08-06-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

bet/folding looks fine to me.

BTW I would consider completing preflop and bet/fold any flop. With a preflop limp its much easier to let the hand go postflop.

secretprankster 08-06-2007 01:08 PM

Meh checkfold seems fine. He's calling the turn quite a bit and there's not much you want to see on the river that will make checkcalling appealing, so you're basically hoping to a) not get raised, b) have it go check-check on the river, and c) have your hand be good.

sharpie 08-06-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

bet/folding looks fine to me.

BTW I would consider completing preflop and bet/fold any flop. With a preflop limp its much easier to let the hand go postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think he's folding the turn much? Are you check/calling a blank river?

I don't think he's folding the turn much. On the river I would check/call a blank so our effective odds are pretty crappy if we're calling the river, and I don't think he's folding the turn often enough to bet the turn as the last money in.

Oink 08-06-2007 01:27 PM

ya, b/f c/c or b/f c/f depending on any reads.

Maybe I should just be c/f'ing as well.

thepizzlefosho 08-06-2007 03:01 PM

I think the turn is a c/f. It is a scary board, small pot, and you are never maximizing it when you are ahead, but villain is always getting the most when you are behind. Plus if you play with villain for awhile this is solid metagame stuff to induce bluffs on future turn cards in blind battles.

Zach6668 08-06-2007 05:15 PM

I don't think he's every folding the turn, but that's not a reason to bet.

I would be ok with a bet/fold because the board is VERY draw heavy, so we'd like to at least charge him if he's drawing. If he semi-bluffs us, good for him. He would have bet usually if he was checked to anyways. If the board bricks, I'd c/c the river. If an obv straight card, or flush card comes, I'd check, and ponder a call, depending on villain.

Romulet 08-06-2007 05:24 PM

Very player dependant, however firing first on all 3 streets will keep him off balance!