Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   New Mike Caro book? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551244)

Ardbear 11-21-2007 06:07 AM

New Mike Caro book?

This morning I stumbled over "Caro's Most Profitable Hold'em Advice" on Amazon. The funny thing is that it is supposedly in stock although the publishing date is set for January 22, 2008!? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I could'nt find anything about this book so far. Even Cardoza isn't helpful at all.

Does anybody know what it's about?

SNOWBALL 11-21-2007 07:00 AM

Re: New Mike Caro book?

Who cares? It's Mike Caro.

PJS 11-21-2007 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Caro's Most Profitable Hold'em Advice".

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Doc T River 11-21-2007 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This morning I stumbled over "Caro's Most Profitable Hold'em Advice" on Amazon. The funny thing is that it is supposedly in stock although the publishing date is set for January 22, 2008!? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I could'nt find anything about this book so far. Even Cardoza isn't helpful at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea beyond the title and what may have been said on Amazon. By the way, I did not see this book listed, as a 2008 release, on Amazon when putting together my list in the other thread.

Caro supposedly has another book, Caro's Secrets Of Winning Poker, coming out in July of 2008. I wonder if it is a reprinting of an earlier book, but with a new title.

SNOWBALL 11-21-2007 09:25 AM

Caro is a hack.

DeadMoneyWalking 11-21-2007 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Caro supposedly has another book, Caro's Secrets Of Winning Poker, coming out in July of 2008. I wonder if it is a reprinting of an earlier book, but with a new title.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like a reprint of Caro's Fundamental Secrets of Winning Poker Cardoza, 1991.

Doc T River 11-21-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like a reprint of Caro's Fundamental Secrets of Winning Poker Cardoza, 1991.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is the book I meant.

Doc T River 11-24-2007 11:20 PM

I got to see this book at my favorite library, okay it was Barnes And Noble. It is a very thick book with a lot of advice. People who have been around the game some time will probably find a lot of the advice "old hat." Those new to the game might find it more useful.

daveT 11-24-2007 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Caro is a hack.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Doc T River 11-25-2007 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Caro is a hack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute. Are you calling Caro a cab? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bec1972 11-26-2007 01:08 AM

I just bought it last night, havent had a chance to look any farther than the contents, it does NOT appear to be a reprint (SuperSystem2 NL section), or addendum (Sklanskys "new" 100 pages. There may be repeated info, but it appears to be a new project.

SuperUberBob 11-26-2007 01:24 PM

Aside from Caro's Book of Tells, the remainder of his works are overrated and not worth your money.

The draw poker section in SS1 was good for its time, but it is way outdated.

Professionalpoker 11-26-2007 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got it in stock.