Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Cakepoker gold cards (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334031)

Tuco 02-16-2007 09:16 PM

Cakepoker gold cards

Anyone else addicted to these things? I have 130 of them and get excited everytime I get one. Still never had anything higher than a 7 tho.

I think there will be a way to exchange them soon. Anyone want to by a duece of clubs? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tuco.

pokerchap 02-16-2007 09:33 PM

Re: Cakepoker gold cards

you cant trade them. I have 240 and have never gotten a card about an 9. i have every card up to 7 then like 2 8s.... so dumb. They are starting to run some small tournies for them and if the site continues to grow I guess they will be more frequent.

adanthar 02-16-2007 09:47 PM

I have 340, one of which is a jack [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The promo is not totally done yet, though that's the only info I've got right now.

betis83 10-12-2007 04:13 AM

Just to refresh this topic!

I'm interested how many gold cards the people have? Do high rollers have much more than low limit players? I play here for a month now, and i have 52 pieces of gold cards, but usually all of them are low cards, however yesterday i received an ace as well. So: how many diferent cards do you have including how many face cards?

Esection 10-12-2007 04:45 AM

what are these? what function do they have?

betis83 10-12-2007 05:00 AM

you randomly get it when you are playing, you can get intant cash bonus with them every week, but you can receive extra bonuses when you collect a certain collection from them.

adanthar 10-12-2007 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm interested how many gold cards the people have? Do high rollers have much more than low limit players? I play here for a month now, and i have 52 pieces of gold cards, but usually all of them are low cards, however yesterday i received an ace as well. So: how many diferent cards do you have including how many face cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a chart with frequencies of each card somewhere on the site. how valuable your ace is depends on the suit (for example, there's only 1 As in all of Series 2).

betis83 10-12-2007 10:07 AM

I cannot find that chart what you have mentioned :-(

augie_ 10-12-2007 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lucky pup! the gold card promotion sounds MUCH better than it actually is. chances of getting an ace are insane.

Pokeraddict 10-12-2007 10:39 AM

I can't find it on Cake's site but Red Star is a skin.

http://www.redstarpoker.com/promo_goldcards_vault.php

Grummin 10-12-2007 12:54 PM

Our info link is here, fyi:

http://cakepoker.com/Promotions/GoldCardVault.aspx

SpaceMonkey13 10-12-2007 02:47 PM

Looks like that ace you picked up moved you ahead of the pack in the GC 500...

Markusgc 10-12-2007 02:53 PM

I've used a few for entry into freerolls where they have decent prize pools. Even made a few bucks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dlk9s 10-12-2007 04:27 PM

I've been playing on Cake for a couple weeks (not heavily - maybe a couple hours per night during the week) and have only even seen two gold cards distributed. Granted, I'm not always staring at every table at the end of a hand, but I have not come close to getting one playing 1/2 limit and $50 NL (as well as some cheapie Omaha).

HajiShirazu 10-12-2007 07:39 PM

I think it really sucks that donkament players don't get these. Presumably Cake makes as much money on a dollar of rake as they do from a dollar of tournament fees. Of course, the promo kind of sucks anyway in terms of actual money but it's still fun.

deaders 10-12-2007 10:36 PM

I havent played on cake in ages but I have a few hundred, never got anything higher than an 8 though.

You can exchange them for cash in the daily lottery, I check it occasionally and have got over $200 just from cashing them in.

FatalError 10-13-2007 02:53 AM

i have 250 and nothing higher than 9 omg wtf

Acegirl 10-13-2007 11:41 PM

So what am I doing wrong? I have played on Cake for about two months and I don't have any Gold cards. I've only seen one in all the time I've played.

FatalError 10-14-2007 12:00 AM

you don't get them much at lower limits

fjbourne 10-15-2007 02:03 AM

I have 5 gold cards in like 12000 hands of 50NL.

10-15-2007 02:13 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Abbaddabba 10-15-2007 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
30 days after the last Series 2 Gold Card is released, the player with the most unique Series 2 Gold Cards will automatically win the $52,000. This means, even if you don't have the entire deck, you could still win the jackpot if you have more unique Series 2 cards than anyone else!

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like it's just an excuse to give the highest volume player a nice boost.

does anyone have an estimate for what the MGR is of the highest volume players? could be worthwhile.

Fedorfan 10-16-2007 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, i have 575 gold cards, i think tthe more rake you pay, the more gold cards you get on average.

You luckboxed the ace though, i have a ton and still haven't gotten one of those.

TeeJayOrTJ 10-20-2007 06:45 AM

I got a King of dimaonds the other day. I felt so lame that I was excited that I didnt mind my KK lost to AK with a river A for a 500 dollar pot at 20/40.

Right now I can get the 250 and 500 dollar bonus for K high flush and 6s full of Queens. I have 316 total cards since I started 2 months ago. One of the first few cards I got was a Queen and I thought it was easy, jaded me for sure.

Tha Stunna 10-21-2007 11:32 PM

Does anyone have an estimate of the value of each card?
Does the value increase with rank or stay constant?

If anyone has been tracking the lottery for a while it would be easy to see this I presume... I'm curious about them but I don't have a cake account atm.

adanthar 10-22-2007 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have an estimate of the value of each card?
Does the value increase with rank or stay constant?

[/ QUOTE ]

They increase quite a bit. I think a 2 is worth a couple of bucks/there was a 3K freeroll today for the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] gold card with 100 entries, so that's technically $30/the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is basically $200 or so due to the guaranteed prize, etc. At some point the GC500 also factors in.

mused01 10-22-2007 01:30 AM

wait wait wait wait. how do you guys know how many hands you're playing at cake?

iplayscared 10-22-2007 01:55 AM

so i dont quite understand what you win if the gold card matches a hole card...

"If the Gold Card released matches one of your hole cards, you’ve struck Gold even if you have folded out of the hand."

RikaKazak 10-22-2007 01:59 AM

I have a queen [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

adanthar 10-22-2007 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so i dont quite understand what you win if the gold card matches a hole card...

"If the Gold Card released matches one of your hole cards, you’ve struck Gold even if you have folded out of the hand."

[/ QUOTE ]

the way it works is every so often, a gold card is randomly generated at the table. there's 260,000 of them but only one As and a whole bunch of deuces. this time, it happens to be the 3 of diamonds. what happens is everyone's hole cards are scanned for the 3 of diamonds, and at the end of the hand, the guy with the 3d in his hand gets it.

if no one has the 3d, the GC gets held over until whenever someone does.

mused01 10-22-2007 03:41 AM

no one answered me yet :[

dlk9s 10-22-2007 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wait wait wait wait. how do you guys know how many hands you're playing at cake?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't really, but you can make a guess by looking at your bonus or gold coin progress (your Cake points equate to your portion of the rake).

augie_ 10-22-2007 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't really, but you can make a guess by looking at your bonus or gold coin progress (your Cake points equate to your portion of the rake).

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

my account -> stats

even tells you how much RB you have earned

Jeffmet3 10-22-2007 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

my account -> stats

even tells you how much RB you have earned

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, that's ausome thank you

peatr999 10-22-2007 12:35 PM

i have 100 cards and i have 36 2's and 28 3's.

ShowUthExit 10-22-2007 08:34 PM

this cake they sent me is quite good

Pokeraddict 10-22-2007 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this cake they sent me is quite good

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody actually ordered the cake of the month?

Jeffmet3 10-22-2007 09:27 PM

Off-topic, but what's the deal with withdrawing if i don't have epassporte? I heard checks are terrible

Pokeraddict 10-22-2007 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Off-topic, but what's the deal with withdrawing if i don't have epassporte? I heard checks are terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

You will need epass to get money out of there. I don't think they even issue checks. I waited so long for mine I gave up and switched them to epass.

peatr999 10-22-2007 11:00 PM

i have gotten 2 checks, each took about 4 or 5 weeks, this was this past summer