Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [DEC]*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558485)

bpc009 12-01-2007 04:01 PM

Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [DEC}***

God I hate the BCS. All I ever want from this world is a playoff system.

By the way, the CU - Neb game was pretty fun. Well, aside from the 2 guys next to me who had to be taken to hospital for frostbite. Otherwise though, fun times to catch a college game in person again.

BigPoppa 12-01-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They've played well in the past games and are a completely different team than the one that started the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

UT pretty much got dominated by Vandy for 3 quarters at home on Senior Day. They really looked like they'd given up until that roughing the kicker penalty gave them the ball in good field position and woke them back up.

UT has 3 blowout losses, 3 luckbox wins. and 2 really solid wins (Arkansas, Georgia - both at home). They aren't particularly well coached, nor do they have LSU level talent. If Miles has been actually preparing for the game rather than rolling around in his money like Scrooge McDuck, I expect UT to get owned hard.

spivey 12-01-2007 04:20 PM

I think Murray is the best of OU's backs. I also think that Temple is a good back, and given that I think Mizzou can pass on OU (hell, McCoy passed on OU) he'll have some success because they're going to have to play a lot of pass coverage.

OU's offense is really good too, but I'm not positive Bradford is 100% (although, I really haven't been following his health after that game he got hurt either, I know he had a solid game last week, but Ok St sucks ass at defense).

spivey 12-01-2007 04:22 PM

BTW, Jamaal Charles, even with all his fumbles is the best back in the Big 12.

spivey 12-01-2007 04:24 PM

I pitty the pizza delivery guys on days like this.

thac 12-01-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I just ordered from one, poor guy, he heard the Tech/BC game on and tried to watch it.

orange 12-01-2007 04:25 PM

good point ont he vandy game, i forgot about how UT got beaten pretty bad there. i think that vandy is better than most give credit for but you're right, losing to vandy is no excuse.

spivey 12-01-2007 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I just ordered from one, poor guy, he heard the Tech/BC game on and tried to watch it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention, it's snowed like 3 inches here, and for the last hour it's been freezing rain. They're talking about the roads icing maybe up to an inch. Meanwhile, I'm in my warm apartment, getting drunk and watching football.

thac 12-01-2007 04:33 PM

Oh I haven't looked outside, but it looks dark. Poor guys imo.

nath 12-01-2007 04:36 PM

just caught up with the thread... word is Tuberville already has accepted the Arkansas job. His hold on the Auburn one has been tenuous anyway-- apparently the AD tried to hire Bobby Petrino behind bhis back in '03.

Haven't watched the Miles conference yet but I will soon.

Time to play some video games on the big screen and watch some conference championships!

Worm75 12-01-2007 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Jamaal Charles, even with all his fumbles is the best back in the Big 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] the longhorns and [censored] mack brown

that is all

oh yeah and this
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4...charlesud0.jpg

Edit: Nothing personal Spivey, I just hate Texas

spivey 12-01-2007 04:37 PM

I am having my way with Assassin's Creed.

spivey 12-01-2007 04:39 PM

What team do you root for, Worm?

Secondly, I have no idea what you're talking about. That line on the stats you put is [censored] retarded, I have no clue what it's pointing at. Plus, he's been hurt in some of those games.

spivey 12-01-2007 04:41 PM

I guess you're pointing at the stretch of games where he didn't have 100 yards. He was playing hurt, much of the year.

Worm75 12-01-2007 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess you're pointing at the stretch of games where he didn't have 100 yards. He was playing hurt, much of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, just pointing out that with the exception of OU, all of those teams are fairly sub par. That and the fact that most of Charles yardage has come against horrible defenses.

As for my team, I've been an FSU fan for years, so that should give you something to chuckle about.

thac 12-01-2007 04:43 PM

I'm sorry, this [censored] tilts me. Orange, please make the title better.

***SSNL LIFE THREAD [DEC}***

spivey 12-01-2007 04:45 PM

There are always going to be misconceptions about defense IMO. Part of the reason why the ACC/SEC look like they have such good defenses is because the offenses also suck. Regardless, he played in the Big 12, and I was just comparing him to other Big 12 backs. I don't think Mizzou or Kansas would have really stopped him either, when he was playing healthy.

stonescar 12-01-2007 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

***SSNL FOOTBALL THREAD [DEC}***

[/ QUOTE ]

Worm75 12-01-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are always going to be misconceptions about defense IMO. Part of the reason why the ACC/SEC look like they have such good defenses is because the offenses also suck. Regardless, he played in the Big 12, and I was just comparing him to other Big 12 backs. I don't think Mizzou or Kansas would have really stopped him either, when he was playing healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's got talent, he's far and away one of the quickest backs in the country, his fumbling problem bothers me, and I honestly wasn't that impressed with the overall talent in the Big12 this year.

And while I will agree with you that the ACC is def down, the SEC's D's look that good, because they are that good. There is a ton of talent down there, and I think it's really going to play out when we get into bowls season.

But for the Big 12 you are right he probably is the best back this year. Though I think Patrick is really good as well.

Probably came of a lil dickish with the post, so sorry
I was just giving you a hard time about Texas

orange 12-01-2007 04:54 PM

Big 12 defense is really down this year. And no, i'm not being biased. check out where all the big 12 teams rank nationally in total d-

mizzou- 60th
ISU-66th
OSU 102th
TTU 50th
T A&M 84th
KSU 70th

.....and no, its not because all the offenses are just so incredible that everyone can score 100 on each other. yeah, there are alot of great offenses in the big 12 (noone can deny that) but the defenses are also poor.

spivey 12-01-2007 04:56 PM

Yeah, I just see a bunch of people hating on Texas these days, so I didn't interpret that post as good natured ribbing.

Makeup sex?

Worm75 12-01-2007 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

***SSNL FOOTBALL THREAD [DEC}***

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just deal with it guys, only a short period out of the year and then we return to all EMO all the time

spivey 12-01-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Big 12 defense is really down this year. And no, i'm not being biased. check out where all the big 12 teams rank nationally in total d-

mizzou- 60th
ISU-66th
OSU 102th
TTU 50th
T A&M 84th
KSU 70th

.....and no, its not because all the offenses are just so incredible that everyone can score 100 on each other. yeah, there are alot of great offenses in the big 12 (noone can deny that) but the defenses are also poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

You left a certain special someone that's near and dear to your heart.

Worm75 12-01-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I just see a bunch of people hating on Texas these days, so I didn't interpret that post as good natured ribbing.

Makeup sex?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

orange 12-01-2007 05:00 PM

NU is just horrible, i didnt want to add to the (already) sickening stats.

spivey 12-01-2007 05:01 PM

I do think the Big 12 is a really good conference this year though. If you look at the computer rankings that take into account margin of victory, the Big 12 does very well. BTW, I can't believe they took margin of victory out of the computers, it's [censored] retarded. Humans conciously or subconciously use margin of victory when they rank teams. Plus, margin of victory makes the computer polls more accurately predict future games. There's a reason for that.

Irishman07 12-01-2007 05:04 PM

Made $20k in November, which is 5k more than I've ever made in a month before. I feel an obligation to buy myself something nice. Looking to spend about $1k max... right now I'm thinking of getting a video game console as I don't have one. Xbox360, Wii, or PS3? Other suggestions welcome as well.

orange 12-01-2007 05:07 PM

margin of victory is somewhat meh. it is a bit inaccurate to how good a team really is- so what if mu can put up 100 against some [censored] school?

Worm75 12-01-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Made $20k in November, which is 5k more than I've ever made in a month before. I feel an obligation to buy myself something nice. Looking to spend about $1k max... right now I'm thinking of getting a video game console as I don't have one. Xbox360, Wii, or PS3? Other suggestions welcome as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do you play, and do you have friends that will come over??

If you are looking to play online, I don't think anything comes close to the 360.

PS3 looks amazing, will probably have a better selection of game knowing sony though it is still fairly new, and acts as a blu ray player

Wii is the cheapest of the group, but is an absolute blast to play with friends over. Graphically it doesn't hold up as well at the other 2 consoles, but it's a blast to play.

spivey 12-01-2007 05:09 PM

Xbox 360 is very good if you like first person shooters - me and my best friend do, so it was a natural choice. I have never played a Wii but I hear good things about it as well.

spivey 12-01-2007 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
margin of victory is somewhat meh. it is a bit inaccurate to how good a team really is- so what if mu can put up 100 against some [censored] school?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, there's a line, but the fact is this: using margin of victory predicts games better than not using it. That is simple proof that it matters. And you know humans use it, you always see teams that barely beat a [censored] team not move up or sometimes even fall in the standings. That wouldn't have happened if they won by 50.

And, if they hate score running up that bad, they can put a limit on the computers to treat any victory over 30 points or something like that to count the same.

TheChad 12-01-2007 05:21 PM

so I was watching my bro and an old friend play madden last night. sucked, so I turned it into a drinking game!
my head hurts so bad
happy bday bro

nath 12-01-2007 05:24 PM

asashfwkfgaskfh 7-0 ALREADY? [censored] you bo pelini, just because you're leaving your job doens't mean you can quit on it

Grunch 12-01-2007 06:04 PM

Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [DEC]***

Brag: 1st snow of the year in Chicago today and it's starting to accumulate
Beat: Got in a car accident
Variance: There was 3 inches of ice on the road, no joke

Suigin406 12-01-2007 06:28 PM

how's the car grunch (assuming ur fine)??

i'm hoping for some snow in DC, it's getting chilly, which i like, but the colder the better

goofyballer 12-01-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Goofy is no good, he won't even say if he got laid. He should take a leaf out of your book imo and tell us about some bloody vag adventures? Any more to report btw kill?

[/ QUOTE ]

he didn't. It seems we have seen the end of goofy couple

[/ QUOTE ]
What??? I assumed he did.

How is it possible to go to a girls home on a date, sleep over, and not have sex?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kolo, you are the biggest [censored] dumbass, I swear to god I'm never talking to you on AIM again if you apparently have no concept of the fact that some things I say are meant to stay off the forum.

Now that it's out there - basically, she's a huge tease. It's not even like I'm only in this for sex, but we're lying in bed and she doesn't really seem to be into messing around or whatever, so we're falling asleep and she randomly says "I'm wearing some amazing underwear right now." Obv this gets me going a little bit and we start messing around, and then 5 mins later while lying on top of me she says "sorry, I need to go to sleep" and rolls off of me. So no, I don't particularly want to spend $40 on gas and 4-5 hours on the road so you can [censored] with my head and make me fight for affection.

spivey 12-01-2007 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i'm hoping for some snow in DC, it's getting chilly, which i like, but the colder the better

[/ QUOTE ]

Move to the midwest and you'll never say this again.

Keyser. 12-01-2007 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also whats a good mousepad you guys have? i have this [censored] ass free one that school gave me, its not raised or anything. surprised my wrist isnt falling off right now. and thac, those razor copperheads are expensive!

[/ QUOTE ]

Go here to pick up a new mouse pad, maybe browse around for a mouse too: http://www.steelseries.com/us

Some of the pads are gigantic and thick, so you probably don't need those.

Keyser. 12-01-2007 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where do you live in DC? I moved away about 6 months ago and am kinda missing it.

Jay Riall 12-01-2007 07:02 PM

If AIM/MSN conversations are fair game then I had a great one with Kolo the other day. Arg - its not saved to disk any more but it was awesome. I signed onto MSN at about 4am and he said to me straight off 'I have a 15 year old in my bed right now.' LOL. I ask him boy or girl he says boy. I ask him if he has school in the morning/is Kolo going to make him his packed lunch etc and then asked him why he was having sex with a 15 year old boy and Kolo said 'I didn't find out until he had his penis inside me.' Puke.