Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Low-limit player in a mid-limit game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550853)

offTopic 11-20-2007 06:48 PM

Low-limit player in a mid-limit game

I apologize if these spots are too basic, but I was wondering if either of these situations merited trying to save a bet (or two). These hands took place in a live 15-30 game with a four raise max. (I usually play 3-6/5-10 online and had never played higher than 6-12 live).

1) You see the flop HU with KKc against a good, aggressive player. You put in the third and final raise, but are OOP.

Flop is A-rag-rag, all clubs. You bet and call a raise.

Turn is a brick, you check-call (?)

River is a brick...you?

2) You see the flop HU with black KK in the BB against a LAG on the button. You are in EP and put in the fourth and final raise.

Flop is QQJ, all red. You bet and he calls

Turn is a red A, putting two flush draws on the board. What is your plan from here?

Captain R 11-20-2007 07:39 PM

Re: Low-limit player in a mid-limit game

1) Sometimes I check the flop and raise the turn.
2) Turn check and call.

CardSharpCook 11-20-2007 07:44 PM

you can certainly fold the river in hand 1. check call/call down in hand 2.

BadBigBabar 11-20-2007 08:56 PM

remember if you break even at or beat 3/6 or 5/10 online you're probably far and away the best player at a 15/30 live game

first hand is a c/f
i'm not sure why the guys above would c/c down in hand 2; it seems like a spot to b/f as well, although i guess 4handed you might get semibluffed some of the time and eventually you'll have to see showdown to keep these guys honest.

offTopic 11-20-2007 10:32 PM

Agree so far with being toast on the river in hand one.

Let's assume I check-called the turn in hand 2. Now the river is another J making the board QQJAJ, all red. Check-call or check-fold?

private joker 11-20-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Let's assume I check-called the turn in hand 2. Now the river is another J making the board QQJAJ, all red. Check-call or check-fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-fold. You really can't beat anything.

Also, having played 3/6 and 5/10 online, your skill level is actually a good bit higher than a live 15/30 game, so don't sweat it.

offTopic 11-20-2007 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-fold. You really can't beat anything.

Also, having played 3/6 and 5/10 online, your skill level is actually a good bit higher than a live 15/30 game, so don't sweat it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't take much convincing as far as the skill level goes, it's the emotional aspect that takes getting used to.

FWIW, I ended up paying off in both cases, but in the early morning post-mortem, I was thinking that case 1 was close to a no-brainer. Case 2, I'm not so sure, 'cause this guy could have any number of hands.

Captain R 11-21-2007 12:22 AM

Case 2, if the guy is really a total LAG, I'm likely to pay off too.

LukeSLTS 11-21-2007 10:52 AM

Hand 1 is a fold on the river.

Hand 2 check/call turn against a LAG. The river is terrible so I think I check and fold because we really beat nothing.