Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Stupid preflop decision vs DeathDonkey (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=440280)

Joe Tall 07-01-2007 11:12 AM

Stupid preflop decision vs DeathDonkey

Live 50/100 at Rio, 4 handed. DD, two super fish and me.

I open on the button with 97s, SB who is super loose but passive preflop 3 bets, DeathDonkey 4 bets in the big blind.

Call or fold? How close?

stoxtrader 07-01-2007 12:29 PM

Re: Stupid preflop decision vs DeathDonkey

ppl in general call here too often imo. I fold this and 98s in the situation described.

PokerBob 07-01-2007 01:41 PM

fold.

Clarkmeister 07-01-2007 02:41 PM

I'd call, but I can see arguments for both capping and folding.

Schneids 07-01-2007 02:55 PM

If SB is rarely 3-betting you ever and you've noticed it, then DD has probably noticed it too and isn't 4-betting lightly. If that's the case I'd fold.

In a typical situation I'd call.

Victor 07-01-2007 06:51 PM

what about aj? ats? kqo?

mike l. 07-01-2007 09:12 PM

lol what people arent realising here is chris has 66 and 98s and other hands here too often. he's more weighted to have something beefy and good, but not always by any stretch. sb sounds like a pretty bad player meaning there are nice implied odds should joe make something better than a pair. also chris is kind of scared of joe playing weak tight giving joe some semibluff wiggle room and more implied odds deception value post flop.

easiest call in the world. to fold would be very wrong in this live game.

PokerBob 07-01-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol what people arent realising here is chris has 66 and 98s and other hands here too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is true, then he is playing bad.

mike l. 07-01-2007 10:14 PM

"if this is true, then he is playing bad."

he'll correct me if im wrong in this case but i doubt i am, and from my experience it's how he plays. and i defy you to beat him, he would eat you alive. he's one of the toughest live players ive played against, and ive played some pretty tough ones.

Schneids 07-01-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"if this is true, then he is playing bad."

he'll correct me if im wrong in this case but i doubt i am, and from my experience it's how he plays. and i defy you to beat him, he would eat you alive. he's one of the toughest live players ive played against, and ive played some pretty tough ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this hand, with this description from Joe Tall, if DD shows up with 66 or 98s, it is bad. Joe's description makes it sound like SB is never 3-betting preflop.