Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   bonus or rakeback? FT reload bonus question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532572)

hoyasaxa 10-27-2007 01:04 PM

bonus or rakeback? FT reload bonus question

Hello,

I have two FTP accounts, one with rakeback and one without. I was recently given a $50 bonus on the account without rakeback. Under this deal, I get $.06 for every full tilt point I earn. The question is, is it worth it to pay the rake to get this bonus, or should I just play with the account with rakeback?

tuds38 10-27-2007 05:38 PM

Re: bonus or rakeback? FT reload bonus question

Well, you know it's 6 cents per point with just the bonus.

As for rakeback... assuming you have 27%, you get:
3 cents per point at full ring
4.5 cents per point at 6 max
13.5 cents per point playing HU

So unless you're going to be playing strictly HU or very short-handed, you should go with the bonus account.

Hebel 10-27-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, you know it's 6 cents per point with just the bonus.

As for rakeback... assuming you have 27%, you get:
3 cents per point at full ring
4.5 cents per point at 6 max
13.5 cents per point playing HU

So unless you're going to be playing strictly HU or very short-handed, you should go with the bonus account.

[/ QUOTE ]

where did you get these numbers? from what i understand, you get a FTP for every dollar in rake you pay. Meaning at 27% rakeback, you get 27 cents per point, as opposed to just 6. Is this wrong?

oober 10-27-2007 08:28 PM

Play the rakeback, I would never open the non rakeback acct. Its not worth taking a chance on getting your rakeback acct closed. I am assuming you opened it 2nd? Amirite?

Bobo Fett 10-28-2007 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
where did you get these numbers? from what i understand, you get a FTP for every dollar in rake you pay. Meaning at 27% rakeback, you get 27 cents per point, as opposed to just 6. Is this wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is wrong. You get an FTP for every dollar in rake, NOT every dollar in rake you pay.

[ QUOTE ]
Play the rakeback, I would never open the non rakeback acct. Its not worth taking a chance on getting your rakeback acct closed. I am assuming you opened it 2nd? Amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was assuming it was someone else's (spouse, etc) account. If not, I'd agree.

Hebel 10-28-2007 04:32 PM

yeah the account is under my roommates name. so the consensus is take the bonus?

tuds38 10-28-2007 05:07 PM

You don't get 27 cents of rakeback per full tilt point, FTP would lose money if you did. If everyone at a full ring table had rakeback they'd be paying out like $2+ per $1 raked.

I'm pretty sure FTP rakeback is determined by.... $ raked divided by # players, multiplied by your rakeback %.

So I got the numbers by:
Full Ring: $1/9 * .27 = .03 rakeback per $1 raked
6 max: $1/6 * .27 = .045 rakeback per $1 raked
HU: $1/2 * .27 = .135 rakeback per $1 raked

I'm almost positive you make more money from the bonus, but if you have any plans of playing past the clearing of the bonus, the rakeback account is obviously a better choice.

I shouldn't have worded it as money per point in my original post, I was just using that to compare it to the bonus, since $1 raked is equal to one point, but you don't get 27% of the money raked from the pot, only the rake that you pay (so rake divided by # players).

WiSeIVIaN 10-28-2007 08:46 PM

As long as there are on average 5 or more players at your table the bonus is better. If your regularly playing heads up, then the rakeback is better. Keep in mind that your 6-max games will usually have 5 or 6 people which will get you about 30% or 36% rakeback effectively. At 9 max I think the bonus is worth just over 50% or so, but full ring is for nits so i'm too lazy to calculate it with my cool windows xp calculator....

Hebel 10-29-2007 10:43 PM

so i checked it out
so far i have $26.05 in total rake, and they have released $7.22 dollars of my bonus. Aka 27.7% effective rakeback.

I play a lot shorthanded, games can get 4 handed pretty quick. Should I play fr for the sick rakeback? fr drives me nuts