Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   NL200 - 86s -- squeeze play (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376946)

Paul Thomson 04-12-2007 02:35 PM

NL200 - 86s -- squeeze play

MP 225
BU 185
Hero 200

MP has tight stats something like 17/16/2 over 140 hands. He's also multitabling and is probably one of u guys. BU is a total donk and has a wide calling range.

PREFLOP MP raises to $7. BU calls. SB folds. Hero reraises to $28 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP calls. BU calls.

<font color="blue"> What do you think of preflop given MPs tight raising range. If u don't squeeze who prefers a call and who prefers a fold? </font>

FLOP ($84) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

(3 players to the flop) Hero?

MasterLJ 04-12-2007 02:41 PM

Re: NL200 - 86s -- squeeze play

Why are you running a squeeze against an IP donk who calls alot?

CRAI on the flop. If he checks behind, free cards for us.

Fat Nicky 04-12-2007 02:47 PM

i don't know about the squeeze here, I think the TAG MP player folds a lot, but I think players with wide calling rangers pre-flop like the button will come along too often here with any sort of pair or high cards, leaving us in an awkward spot when we miss the flop.

flop is awkward. we could bet and hopefully win the pot right away, but i think this is unlikely since the pre-flop calls (esp by MP) indicate some strength. also, if we bet, we can't really fold to a raise since there is so much $$$ in the pot. we can check and re-evaluate, but i don't know how good that is either. i'm pretty clueless here.

Paul Thomson 04-12-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I wasn't clear. There are 3 players to the flop. The donk has a wide preflop calling range but will fold to the 3-bet a ton.

My question is more should I try and 3-bet a tight raiser?

Symbolic 04-12-2007 02:47 PM

I don't think you should be squeezing agaisnt a donk like this who is liable to call your 3bet with a very wide range. Just call and see a flop.

Rikethink 04-12-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto...

Novles 04-12-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not really that tight. He's raising 16% of his hands and his stats show he folds A LOT to a 3-bet. I think squeezing here is perfectly fine, altough I squeeze just a tad bigger, like $32.

Paul Thomson 04-12-2007 02:56 PM

FWIW, I don't care even that a donk would call my 3-bet. I actually prefer it because his will surely fold the flop at least 50% of the time.

Paul Thomson 04-12-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not really that tight. He's raising 16% of his hands and his stats show he folds A LOT to a 3-bet. I think squeezing here is perfectly fine, altough I squeeze just a tad bigger, like $32.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I made up the agression factor!! I'm not on that computer and I just got a PHUD and the aggression numbers don't mean as much to me as the VPIP and Raise Frequency. I'd guess that his aggression factor should be typical of most TAGS.

Though, I guess, I gotta learn how aggression factor relates to likelyhood of calling a 3-bet.

Any thoughts on the flop?

Novles 04-12-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I made up the agression factor!! I'm not on that computer and I just got a PHUD and the aggression numbers don't mean as much to me as the VPIP and Raise Frequency. I'd guess that his aggression factor should be typical of most TAGS.

Though, I guess, I gotta learn how aggression factor relates to likelyhood of calling a 3-bet.

Any thoughts on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, anything over ~1/2 psb and you have to call a push. So, I'd either bet about $60 and call a push if I felt like gambling or check and see what happens. There's also the option of open pushing, which I think is ok once in a while. FWIW, I don't like a c/r ai, because I think our FE is way way higher with a standard c-bet.

As far as my comment regarding him folding to a lot of 3-bets, it's because his pfr % is so close to his vpip, thus showing that he rarely coldcalls. It's either raise or fold for him. I don't like the squeeze as much vs. a guy with like 28/16 stats or something.