Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   A Movie SO bad it's good (with poker) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557261)

jeff329 11-29-2007 02:35 PM

A Movie SO bad it\'s good (with poker)

Now, I first want to say that I saw Lucky You in the theater, and am a far worse person for it. That movie sucked, and wasn't crappy enough to actually laugh at how bad it was.

But I just saw part of "All In" and holy !@#! that is just hilariously horrendous. How could any of the actors with a real name or any of the famous poker players agree to be part of this...it's like Mars Attacks but it isn't kidding..

kassdog 11-29-2007 02:44 PM

Re: A Movie SO bad it\'s good (with poker)

Yeah this has definetely never been discussed before

highsteptd 11-29-2007 02:58 PM

What did Teddy KGB have in the final hand of Rounders???

bmwguy525 11-29-2007 02:58 PM

So let me ask you again, IS YOU IN...OR IS YOU OUT??

Luckboxxx 11-29-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

disasterflop 11-29-2007 03:55 PM

A+++ would read again http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/20...ebanon0109.jpg

da_fume 11-29-2007 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HH please

the_doantster 11-29-2007 04:08 PM

Not sure if you saw the same "Lucky You" as everyone else, because the people that I talked to had nothing but good things to say about it. A close buddy of mine even went as far as calling it a Cinematic Masterpiece.

Personally, I'd rank it in my top 25 movies of all time.
A timless classic!

swope 11-29-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if you saw the same "Lucky You" as everyone else, because the people that I talked to had nothing but good things to say about it. A close buddy of mine even went as far as calling it a Cinematic Masterpiece.

A timless classic!

[/ QUOTE ]

Loc: Los Angeles

bmwguy525 11-29-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A timless classic!

[/ QUOTE ]

Loc: Los Angeles

[/ QUOTE ]
someone got leveled

Ineedaride2 11-29-2007 05:11 PM

This movie was so bad, it was really bad.

da_fume 11-29-2007 05:23 PM

I kinda want to see it now, but the title is terrible for finding it in the place that can't be mentioned.

pernicus53 11-29-2007 08:53 PM

One of the things that made this movie so atrocious is that the writers were more interested in not only saying everything they knew about poker but grinding their own axes about the game. Also they tried to make it seem really badass and intimidating the way the Rounders guys did in the series Tilt. Everything made on poker, though Rounders survived this up to a point, has been marred by the writers trying to bludgeon the viewer with how dangerous the sport is, how much it's about skill and not luck, how badass the pros are when knowing the hole cards of everyone they ever play against, etc.
For example, in Lucky You, they mention that Bana's character refused to show his hole cards to the camera during the world series main event. And they just mentioned it once. That's pretty revealing about a person's character, and it could be a cause of controversy. There's no reason to bring it up if you're not going to explore it--it becomes a distraction. They just knew something about poker and had to put it in.
Also, the editing. The characters say things that are references to something that we would have to have seen before for them to make sense. Those things got cut out and no one seemed to notice.
I liked the joke someone made about the person who liked this movie being from LA--no one who has ever seen a movie other than this could consider it a masterpiece.

jeff329 11-29-2007 11:32 PM

This is random, but in Rounders, there is sort of a poker flaw. In that hand where he goes bust in the beginning, KGB flips his cards 100% sure he has won, as if he had the nuts, but frankly, his hand was not the nuts, and if he felt like Mike was trapping him, he had to at least kind of sort of worry he was beat.

knockonwood 11-29-2007 11:37 PM

Wow..I'm pretty sure i rented 'lucky you' as a weekly video not long ago....

Dorothy Mantooth 11-30-2007 12:37 AM

Movie was put out by a company rumored to have mafia connections. Watch the whole production staff's names in the opening credits, it's the funniest part of the movie.

JokersAttack 11-30-2007 12:44 AM

Maverick.

O wait, that's not good at all.

BuddyQ 11-30-2007 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For example, in Lucky You, they mention that Bana's character refused to show his hole cards to the camera during the world series main event. And they just mentioned it once. That's pretty revealing about a person's character, and it could be a cause of controversy. There's no reason to bring it up if you're not going to explore it--it becomes a distraction. They just knew something about poker and had to put it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

The kid purposely mucks the best hand to the old man, thats why he is made to not show his hole cards.

jeff329 11-30-2007 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is random, but in Rounders, there is sort of a poker flaw. In that hand where he goes bust in the beginning, KGB flips his cards 100% sure he has won, as if he had the nuts, but frankly, his hand was not the nuts, and if he felt like Mike was trapping him, he had to at least kind of sort of worry he was beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one ever noticed this?

teddyFBI 11-30-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

He was not worried about quad-9s.
At all.

uber pea 11-30-2007 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A timless classic!

[/ QUOTE ]

Timless eh...is that somewhat close to being a "TIMELESS" classic? Timless, timeless, eh...