Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL 25 - AQs on all streets (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555354)

reemas 11-27-2007 03:30 AM

NL 25 - AQs on all streets

Only 20 hands with opponent but he was pretty loose about 40-50 vpip and a pfr% of 5-8. Not many reads. Please evaluate all streets:

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

CO: $24.10
BTN: $24.65
SB: $12.15
BB: $17.15
UTG: $46
Hero (MP): $26.75

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($5.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.35) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.75</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $6</font>, Hero ?

Raise or call? What range do we put opponent on?

Micro Donk 11-27-2007 03:31 AM

Re: NL 25 - AQs on all streets

its bad enough you checked the flop, bet like 4 on the turn and reraise him...you have to put $ in the pot somewhere

KEW 11-27-2007 03:35 AM

Bet your hand!!!!! They will not always do it for you!!!!

Bet flop,,Bet $4-4.75 on turn and re-raise as played..

You are missing mad value by slowplaying like this...

doppelganger 11-27-2007 03:38 AM

If you're going to 3bet against an UTG raise PF (and I generally don't, but it's read dependent - against those stats I'm just calling and playing mainly for 2pair/flush/straight value) then make your bet bigger, more like $3-$3.50.

Just bet the flop. Get it all in on the turn if possible.

I don't understand where the question is? Straight flushes are nowhere near this guy's PF raising range, so either he has an overpair and you can stack him, or he's got something like AK and will get away. Regardless, you have the nut flush and need to be nudging as much money into the pot as your opponent will allow.

nashman1313 11-27-2007 03:40 AM

Slow roll him like you have a decision. Push.

IDK I dont flop Nut flushes.

Peak01 11-27-2007 03:42 AM

Bet Flop!

As played reraise and get the money.

winnnar 11-27-2007 04:12 AM

Wow, what a misplayed monster. At least bet $3 on flop, it disguises your hand and makes getting money in on later streets that much easier.

as played, raise to $16 or shove, but I doubt he'll call.

Lego05 11-27-2007 04:53 AM

Grunch....

Pre-flop with these positions against this opponent I won't always 3bet. If you do though you need to raise bigger pre-flop. A 3bet of 2.5 times his initial raise there is not big enough. I like to make it 3.5 with no callers in between.

Make your standard flop c-bet. Checking there is bad. Another club lands and you have nearly 0% shot at getting more money in the pot....+ you just lost a street of value if he has something and now the pot will be smaller. And you should be c-betting a high % of the time so if you are doing that then betting the flop here is just normal.....that's a big advantage to c-betting so much (it's usually immediately profitable) but it also disguises hands like these when we bet the flop.

Turn....Your bet is way too small.

Now...ReRaise: I really don't even bother thinking about his range much here...hero has the nuts and just got check raised on the turn. He might have a straight with a random 7, a lower flush, a set. W/e.....raise....if another club hits it will kill your action.

iheartponeez 11-27-2007 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A 3bet of 2.5 times his initial raise there is not nig enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't be more wight.

leyhal 11-27-2007 05:05 AM

***Preflop: You have a good hand and position so reraise is fine.
***Flop: He "checks to the raiser", expecting you to bet pretty much any hand. Like a previous poster says, your monster is disguised so you should bet here and hope he caught a bit of the board or has a draw and will chase. If he has absolutely nothing and folds then that's poker, you wouldn't have made anything anyway. If he has hit some unlikely hand like 2- pair, a set or a straight you lose loads of value by not betting.
***Turn: Again you have missed value. Why not make your initial turn bet 2/3 or full pot? He check-raised you so basically he is saying he turned a straight. If he is bluffing he will fold to any raise unless he is stupid. If he has a big hand then you have him by the short and curlies. For this reason I think you should reraise all in on the turn, unless you think he is the type to try an all-in 2nd bluff on the river (representing a straight which beats your assumed bigh pair). If you think he will try that then just call on the turn.