Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Any interest in a tracking program for 2-7 TD? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518087)

PietM 10-08-2007 06:20 AM

Any interest in a tracking program for 2-7 TD?

I'm playing 2-7 TD on Stars for a while now, and it bugs me that there isn't a tracking program for it. So why not write one myself? I have a somewhat working version (still a dozen versions before alpha) that I could use for myself, but I was wondering how much interest there would be for such a program by other players.

So a few questions:
<ul type="square">[*]Is there any interest for such a piece of software?[*]Limit, NL?[*]The parser for Stars is pretty much done, are there other sites it should support?[*]What would you be willing to pay for such a piece of software?[*]Any stats or features you'd like to see?[/list]

*TT* 10-08-2007 12:05 PM

Re: Any interest in a tracking program for 2-7 TD?

I have been waiting for this for a long time. If its a familiar interface and is properly marketed the game of 2-7 might expand because of this tool.

iron81 10-08-2007 12:12 PM

This would make me a sad panda. One of the main reasons I like TD is that I don't have to play against people using PT.

InWithTheBest 10-08-2007 01:01 PM

I would pay lots of money for this... lots... and iron don't take this the wrong way but at the stakes you play the rake is a much bigger enemy to your winrate than pokertracker would ever be.

BBQbowser 10-08-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would pay lots of money for this... lots...

[/ QUOTE ]

Biggle10 10-08-2007 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This would make me a sad panda. One of the main reasons I like TD is that I don't have to play against people using PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Even though it would probably only be a marginal effect, mentally I like the fact that this doesn't exist in a wide spread fashion.

PietM 10-09-2007 03:10 AM

I am not considering doing a HUD or fancy-schmancy feature rich thingy like PokerTracker or Hold'em Manager. I'm just interested in keeping track of my hands and general stats (VPIP, how much I raise) and, of course, how much I win (not only pure $$, but also BB/100 hands).

BBQbowser 10-09-2007 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Even though it would probably only be a marginal effect, mentally I like the fact that this doesn't exist in a wide spread fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you guys are saying. However, I think any bright eager individual who has an interest in learning TD will find a way to improve regardless. Not to mention I don't think 100% of the 2+2 TD players will even buy it.

*TT* 10-09-2007 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not considering doing a HUD or fancy-schmancy feature rich thingy like PokerTracker or Hold'em Manager. I'm just interested in keeping track of my hands and general stats (VPIP, how much I raise) and, of course, how much I win (not only pure $$, but also BB/100 hands).

[/ QUOTE ]

We need to report earnings on a session level at the end of the year to the IRS, this tool could help us do that.

EZgo 11-30-2007 07:00 PM

Any progress on this?

I have also written a version for personal use that has actually turned out to be far more robust than I ever imagined. Really not sure how to begin to market/distribute/productionize. With some personal discussion, I'd consider licensing this to a few people. I probably have over 500 hours of my personal time invested in it, and given the probable very limited market, would ultimately need to charge a material amount to make it worth my time. Post or PM me if you're interested in discussing.