Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   33$*s NLTRN: Can you resist shoving this river? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512140)

hra146 09-29-2007 10:00 PM

33$*s NLTRN: Can you resist shoving this river?

I know its the scariest card out there. But villain is a huge station and would call most 2pair regardless. Hes stupid but I dont see how any 7 fits in here. Given his wide calling range (that I still beat) and the possibility to end the match; you shove?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB (t930)
Hero (t2070)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40.

Flop: (t120) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t80</font>, BB calls t80.

Turn: (t280) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t180</font>, BB calls t180.

River: (t640) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets ?</font>

xSCWx 09-29-2007 10:02 PM

Re: 33$*s NLTRN: Can you resist shoving this river?

shove if you think he will call

break [censored] if he calls and you lose

abcjnich 09-30-2007 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given his wide calling range (that I still beat)

[/ QUOTE ]

Push is best then. But I play cash, what do I know? Positive equity plays might not be treated the same in cash and tournies.

RyanJM 10-01-2007 10:50 AM

Honestly I would just check this river. It might be a little weak, but he's got to be scared of the 1-card straight and flush that came in, so I don't see getting much more out of him if he just has a bare 8 or something similar. It's much more likely that he had a pair and some sort of draw, maybe even a flush draw on the turn. At this point he's down low and it'll be pretty easy to finish him off, so I don't like to give him free chips on a board like that on the off chance I'm beat.

xSCWx 10-01-2007 11:13 AM

i almost always check here but im starting to like betting more

People_Mover 10-01-2007 11:45 AM

wtf, this is the easiest river bet/shove ever.

vodoo 10-01-2007 12:13 PM

what about bet/fold?

There arent that many hands out there that will call you but dont have you beat imo

hra146 10-01-2007 01:41 PM

With different stacksizes b/f is an option. But note that villain has only about a PSB left. Id need a much stronger read on villain to be able to fold to a raise laying me like 5:1 in a 33$ husng.

Ive seen too much retardedness and folding in that spot when youre actually wrong is a huge mistake.

hra146 10-01-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what about bet/fold?

There arent that many hands out there that will call you but dont have you beat imo

[/ QUOTE ]

and that also kinda goes with my read. When Im talking about " a huge station " I really mean one. I say he calls me here with any top+X twopair combination and overpairs regardless of the board.

derosnec 10-01-2007 02:18 PM

i'd bet a smaller amount, just so you'll get called. he doesn't have a straight or flush, because they never check the river when their straight/flush is obvious and there is no A or K on the board. people just don't check raise the river hardly ever at 33s and below, unless it's obvious you have a good hand that they beat (again, like there is AK on the board, etc).

so, if you bet 200 or a little more you'll get called a lot; if you push, then you will rarely get called even by huge stations, because they can see 4 to a straight, they are dumb, but even the dumbest can lay it down here. if he had a decent hand like 2 pair or a good pair, he would have probably would have min-cr'd you somewhere before the river, and then i would have shoved the river perhaps. here he has has some weak pair a lot. (usually a four; maybe a weak eight, but it usually c/rs flop). also i bet turn bigger, like 240 because they will call.