Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   K9 blind defense - in which I outplay myself (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523122)

sethypooh21 10-15-2007 12:28 AM

K9 blind defense - in which I outplay myself

Villain is 40/13/1.3 not good and probably views me as pretty LAG (I've been running 35/27 or so at the table, but not showing down a ton of winners, because the only hands that have made SD are the draws I missed...)

I'm lost on this river, how is his hand anything other than clubs?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

yourface 10-15-2007 12:37 AM

Re: K9 blind defense - in which I outplay myself

dumb ppl take that line with weak pairs and ace high sometimes
but yah def with club draws too

given how dumb he seems and your image I think that capping the flop and b/3b the turn is a better line (results oriented ldo)

danzasmack 10-15-2007 01:30 AM

i cap lead here a lot more now than i used to. bet/call river.

Somebody told somebody that 3-betting the flop for a free turn/river is a great idea with AJo.

It also slows down people w/a hi when we have like 55 here and lets us play better poker on other hands.

ROAR

yourface 10-15-2007 01:36 AM

I never make free card plays HU but I see some of the MHSH dudes (admiralfluff?) talk about it sometimes

like b/3b overs+GS in position HU on the flop, planning on taking a free turn card

what are some spots where making this kind of play will let us play better poker in other hands? more action when we have a big hand?

Oink 10-15-2007 08:56 AM

Say I open KJ OTB and LAGTAG 3-bets in SB. BB folds

Flop T92 rainbow

A LAGTAG isnt folding a better hand ever so your FE on the turn is 0 after you raise the flop.

My play here would be to raise the flop. Take free river and consider calling a river bet if two bricks comes of.

EDIT: Calling a river bet would be silly!

jba 10-15-2007 10:20 AM

I've been playing in these games a lot more lately and noticed this line w/ 4x/PP a LOT - I'm not really sure why, probably because there's a lot more uncomfortable turn c/r than there used to be. I've been capping a lot more here lately. I wouldn't bet the river as played though.

Propping Fool 10-15-2007 12:07 PM

hard to get valus out of these hands

Checking the flop to the raiser was correct.

I like raising the flop cause it looks like a bluff, and he will chase alot of hands.

I dont like capping cause it screams 9

I'd rather call the 3bet and then donk, hoping that he raises again on the turn with an overpair (or overcooks an ace / pp).

MikeyObviously 10-15-2007 04:19 PM

easy flop 4 bet. I don't even think this is close...

also, I just looked and you are the number two winner in my 85k hand 5/10 DB with 4798 players

JSmith2007 10-15-2007 04:41 PM

I think it's a definite cap on the flop. I would lead out on the turn and see what he does there. Obviously C/F the river with a club

Propping Fool 10-15-2007 06:01 PM

JSmith, I think c/f the river would be bad due to pot odds and the stregnth of our hand.