Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   ***Official Stars Regs Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373096)

Sherpa 04-10-2007 02:27 PM

Re: ***Official Stars Regs Thread***

No problem bro, just giving you a hard time....

sethypooh21 04-10-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No problem bro, just giving you a hard time....

[/ QUOTE ]As soon as I left, I had a suspicion I'd be getting called out in this thread though. That said, I played the QQ hand Expertly - valuetown, bitches...

Beastmaster 04-10-2007 02:45 PM

Curious on why Stars is the home site to many of you?
Does the VIP program and easier competition make up for rb/bonus on other sites? It seem the 5/10 game is difficult to beat according to some of you and Stars has a lower rake than other sites correct? Also, how many tables are you playing at a time? It is hard for me to limit my tables and try to acheive a 1bb-2bb WR when I can play breakeven or a little ahead at 2/4 and 3/6 for rb/bonus. I know I would benefit by moving up stakes and limiting my tables but from what most of you are saying 5/10 is a difficult level with rake and table selection.

Absolution 04-10-2007 03:17 PM

I think it's availability and the VIP program is great there. It's comparable to rakeback at other sites if you are Supernova (which is acheivable at 3/6 and higher I think.) The quality of the games really seems to depend on the time of day. When I have looked during the day EST the games have been tough. There seems to be a lot of games with LAGTAGs fighting over one guy's money or just trading the blinds around. I don't look that often though because I work and just assume the games aren't that good during the day. I've played a few early morning games, where it seems to be mostly Euros who like to gamble. Weekends and evenings are good for 2/4 and below where I play. From what I've seen from 3/6 and 5/10, there aren't that many great games going at any one time. I think game selection is the most important part of my game right now, even at 0.5/1-2/4.

sethypooh21 04-10-2007 03:30 PM

I'm going to have very little problem achieving Supernova by about June at 2/4.

Absolution 04-10-2007 03:42 PM

I know that, I could do it at 1/2 as well, but at 3/6 the $2 rake pots become significant.

sethypooh21 04-10-2007 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that, I could do it at 1/2 as well, but at 3/6 the $2 rake pots become significant.

[/ QUOTE ]Ahh, good point. However, the game selection during my playing hours is generally significantly worse at 3-6 (though how much of the lower PF % comes from people playing tighter in the SB at the Stars 3/6? Anyone?)

timoK 04-10-2007 03:47 PM

between 2pm and 6pm central european time 3-6 is softer than 2-4
(I guess thats moring hours in the USA)

rake at stars is the same at 2-4 & 3-6

sethypooh21 04-10-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
between 2pm and 6pm central european time 3-6 is softer than 2-4
(I guess thats moring hours in the USA)

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, my hours tend to be from 2200 - 0400 server time, and the 3/6 games always look sorta nitty.

binions 04-10-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Dbeckham is usually good

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?