Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25NL - AA OOP, flush hits on turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551070)

VLV 11-21-2007 12:11 AM

25NL - AA OOP, flush hits on turn

Villain is 29/18/1 over 25 hands

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $29.40
BTN: $88.25
SB: $45.55
BB: $27.60
UTG: $22.90

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, BTN calls $0.85, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.05) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.40</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, BTN calls $4.75

Turn: ($18.05) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero ???

I was totally lost, any bet commits me, pushing seems like a huge overbet, and checking will most definitely induce a bluff.

After thinking about this I think I should have bet more on flop, and then raised more, which would have made getting it all in easier on the turn.

As played though, what do I do here?

Profish2285 11-21-2007 12:20 AM

Re: 25NL - AA OOP, flush hits on turn

Raise flop to around 13. By that point the pot is like 28 on the turn so I am shoving any card. The board is so draw heavy that raising this big is definitely justifiable imo as there are so many bad turn cards you just want to be able to get it in without much thought. As played I am probably going to c/f tbh. Every draw minus KT just got there and you cant b/f due to stack sizes. If you bet you have to call a shove obviously but I dont see a hand shoving that we beat.

bsball8806 11-21-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you bet you have to call a shove obviously but I dont see a hand shoving that we beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about AQ with the Ad?

Profish2285 11-21-2007 12:41 AM

Sorry youre right, there is one hand that we beat now and a ton we lose to. His range crushes ours now with that turn card. You cant tell me youre even remotely comfortable getting your chips in the middle on that turn card seeing how much is left in hero's stack.

bsball8806 11-21-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry youre right, there is one hand that we beat now and a ton we lose to. His range crushes ours now with that turn card. You cant tell me youre even remotely comfortable getting your chips in the middle on that turn card seeing how much is left in hero's stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't disagreeing with you, I think this turn card sucks for just about every draw, assuming we weren't already behind to 2pr/sets. Prolly a sucky c/f