Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Curiosity about your progress (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=212546)

Bilgefisher 09-14-2006 09:45 PM

Curiosity about your progress

This may be a low content thread, but I am curious.

What level did you start, what level are you playing today (nl or limit) and how many hands did you stay at each level? Whats your next goal? Any other info you think needs to be added.

My progress...
Started around Jan of 05'
Played around 5k hands at 2/4 and another 10k in tournaments.
I was up 800 lost about 400 of that, been playin 1-2 since.
Nearing 15k hands at 1/2 and been posting at 2+2 since then.
Plan on trying 2/4 very soon.

I ask this because I am intrigued about the progress a player makes. We all started somewhere. I understand fully moving up is dependent on many factors, but I wanna know the details to better self evaluate.

Wookie..if you feel this thread doesn't belong..feel free to do your moderator thing.

kerowo 09-14-2006 10:14 PM

Re: Curiosity about your progress

Started playing NL on the Beta version of PokerChamps, moved to .02/.04 nl when it went live, played there with not much record keeping for about two years probably, pretty much break even. Decided to take it a little more seriously in November of last year deposited 50 at Party. Made about 700 playing he .15/.30 and .25/.50 tables, cashed out down to 400 and moved up. Played about 35k hands before moving up. Cashed out another 800 or so before the end of January 4 tabling .50/1. Then started my slide to busto in July. Cashed out 400 once or twice before then. That was around 130k hands of .50/1.

Started over on Stars with left overs from KOTKP at .10/.20, worked that up to about 130 (with about the last of the Party money) mixing in .25/.50 and .50/1. Worked that down to 40 again and am grinding out .10/.20 again. Going to actually get a bank roll before switching to .25/.50 (although I may take some shots) and work that into a roll for .50/1 before moving up. Not going to camp out at .50/1 if I ever get there. Want to make it to 2/4 and camp out...

kumarshah 09-14-2006 10:19 PM

Started out almost 2 years ago playing online but was never that serious about it. I would deposit 50$ at a time at various places and proceed to play SNGs, NL, Limit, Multi's, etc.

Then took a break for almost an year, started around 2.5 months back, at .1/.2 PS. Have moved upto .5/1, but that is only because I started with a 200$ bankroll to begin with anyway. In middle of a downswing, it sucks.

Might go to Full-tilt, .25/.50 since you can datamine them nicely.

evilgenius 09-14-2006 10:19 PM

.10/.20 31k 1.96bb/100
.25/.50 14.7k 1.75bb/100 and climbing... running sick hot
.5/1 cleared $40 party bonus 56 bucks at end of 400 raked hands

I had some computer problems and lost alot of .1/.2 hands when I played break even poker.

I also lost a bunch learning live and internet poker just starting out.

loser-breakeeeeevvveeeeennnn-winner

I

Point Blank 09-14-2006 10:22 PM

started Feb/Mar of this year, because I didn't have any movies to watch that night (and couldn't find anyone to go out with) prior to that I thought poker was a joke (now I love it) ...
started at the tiny micros - currently at 1-2 (about to move to 2-4)

moved up, cautiously, as bankroll increased ... have stayed at 1-2 for a lot of hands (the summer)

OrigamiSensei 09-14-2006 10:24 PM

Started in November '05 at .05/.10 and .25/.50, was gettting hammered except bonuses helped. Then decided to tear down my game and start from scratch, found 2+2 and SSHE. Restarted at .01/.02, 5k hands at 16BB/100, then on to 10k hands at 5BB/100 including a sad final break even run for the last 4k hands or so of that but couldn't take playing the level anymore. Then back to .25/.50 and started with a lovely 60BB downswing, fought my way back to even and now mired in the 0 to -20BB range and can't seem to get out.

Occasional forays to .25/.50 6-max and .5/1 if the game looks good, a little NL2 (that's two, not 200), a little .01/.02 triple draw, the occasional $1+.10 MTT donkament. Crowning glory so far is a third place finish in a 600+ player $1+.10 tourney.

Right now I am mired in limit hold 'em and can't seem to find my way into the green at these levels. It really scares me because an inability to win at .25/.50 means I well and truly suck and have no future at this game.

knockonwood 09-14-2006 10:31 PM

Started playing Party play money tables about a year ago after reading Phil Helmuth's masterpiece 'play poker like the pro's.' Deposited $50 a few times at party 0.5-1 and went busto pretty quick. I got SSH and read that a lot of times and eventually started to breakeven at 0.5-1. Started learning a lot more and lurking at the micro's forum quite a bit. Probably played around 80,000 hands at 0.5-1 on both party and stars with a decent winrate.

Played around 20,000 hands at party 1-2, winning but not as much as 0.5-1. Had to cash out 8 weeks ago and went back to stars playing 0.10-20, which was really boring, but I tried to make the most of it and just concentrate on leaks and differnent areas of my game.

I've got my roll big enough for 1-2 again now and are gonna head over to the absolute rock gardens and try and clear their big bonus. If everything works out, I'm considering taking a shot at 2-4....

DashBrannigan 09-14-2006 11:22 PM

Deposited on pacific about a year ago. Got it up to 90 bucks and they screwed up my withdrawl so no money...

Went to party, deposited 200, played sngs at the start, then went to limit holdem.
Played 28k of .5/1 @ 2.4bb/100 (still playing)
Played 3k of 2/4 @ 3bb/100 (took a shot, did well but nerves got the better of me)
Played Party NL, don't have the tilt control yet
Played a few thousand hands of stud as a change and up around 200 from that.

Next step, improve my skills so i can mix it at 2/4 while rolling myself up for it.

Bona 09-14-2006 11:27 PM

Started about a year ago. Played the first nine months at various sites and micro levels without keeping any stats except $ won/lost. I was about $200 down at limit but had made about $600 in SNG and MTT.

I bought and read SSHE and a couple of other books.. Then started learning a little in this forum. Even though I have no compulsionsto move to higher levels I guess I am doing so for some reason. IAfter purchasing PT and PAHUD I played about3k hands at .10/.20 won at about 4bb per 100 and started playing .25/.50. Again about =4BBper 100 hands through 7k hands. Now I still play some at .25/,50 but am also playing .5/1.0 and am winning a little there about 2.5 per 100.

I am learning my weak spots but haven't progressed to curing them yet. I need to play more aggressively but really want to do so appropriately not just firing blind. So I am working on that in the .25/.50 level while also playing my rock game at .5/1.0

Never going to be a pro but I really enjoy poker as a hobby with the added benefit of having picked up a few hundred$ over a few months. Also I enjoy the learning process and am patient with myself.

Oh, if I withdraw all $ I deposited I would have a remaining bankroll of about 700 BB at .50/1.0. My goal is to continue to grow that while learning to play better. I expect to moveup as a natural function of testing my progress but my goal is winning and the money is just chips for me.

train. 09-14-2006 11:43 PM

started about 3-4 years ago on stars.
lost about 7 $50 buyins playin .25/.50 and sngs before I said [censored] this.
bought TOP and SSHE and found 2p2.
played about 22k of .25/.50 @ 5bb/100 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
and basically breakeven or worse in the next 70k at .5/1 and 1/2. I am up somewhere around 3k tho playin sngs, bonii and scratchback.

I am the classic example of what not to do. I study very little and when I do not intensely. I very seldom review my own play. And I don't participate in much strategy disscussion. (mainly cause i suck at it and prefer to just play, man.)