Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Another KK hand, big pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513278)

One Outer 10-01-2007 04:35 PM

Another KK hand, big pot

Canterbury Park 6/12

I thought this hand was interesting, especially the flop decision. I'm pretty sure I screwed up the turn. The flop decision is kind of close, IMO. Take a look.

The HJ, at the time, seems pretty solid. Asian woman, raises preflop fairly often but I haven't seen her show down anything questionable yet. SB is brand new. Second hand.

Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, HERO raises, 1 fold, HJ calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls

Flop: 5 handed (10 SB)

Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB, BB, and UTG+1 check, Hero bets, HJ raises, SB three bets, BB and UTG+1 fold, BB and UTG+1 both fold, Hero goes into tank and just calls (?), HJ calls

I'm not sure what to do at that point. Four bets (CP cap 5 bets) seems spewy. Given my read on HJ I know that she likes her hand enough I can't fold her out, so protection isn't going to happen. And SB's line is incredibly strong.

Turn (8.5 BB): T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, Hero calls (?), HJ calls

I think I should have raised here. Thoughts?

River (11 BB): 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero bets...

Thoughts?

jesse8888 10-01-2007 04:42 PM

Re: Another KK hand, big pot

I like your line. Why do you think you should have raised the turn? You're almost certainly behind and you aren't going to fold the nut flush draw. I play this the same.

One Outer 10-01-2007 04:45 PM

second nut flush draw. With AAd, I think the flop would be an easy four banger. I think I should raise the turn to face HJ with two cold. Maybe that would help me win the pot?

jesse8888 10-01-2007 05:06 PM

What hands can you get the HJ to fold? To me if she has a made flush or the A of diamonds, she's calling you for sure. I can't really believe you're ahead of the SB at this point, so you need help to win anyway. I don't think there is much value in trying to knock her out at the risk of getting 3-bet by the SB.

One Outer 10-01-2007 05:08 PM

That makes sense. When I posted this I had a vision of KitCloudKicker showing up and telling me that a turn raise was not debatable.

I could get her to fold two pair sometimes I think. But that's a pretty small part of her range.

jesse8888 10-01-2007 05:30 PM

If she has two pair, you need to adjust your read from "solid" to "cold calls with trash" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

One Outer 10-01-2007 05:32 PM

Right. I didn't want to mention it in the post because that's where I was at when the hand was played, but she later revealed herself to cold call with trash. There was a particular hand with 98o that was hysterical.

Frond 10-01-2007 06:31 PM

Looks really good to me. I looked again to see if I would do anything different and I wouldn't.

NH