Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   river nut flush as the board pairs, awkward stacks (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502157)

soah 09-16-2007 07:56 AM

river nut flush as the board pairs, awkward stacks

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $10/$20 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $1,313.00
BB: $611.85
UTG: $570.00
MP: $1,239.00
<u>Hero (CO): $3,055.00</u>
<u>BTN: $4,293.00</u>

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $20.00, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $90.00</font>, BTN calls $90.00, 3 folds

Flop: ($230) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $175.00</font>, BTN calls $175.00

Turn: ($580) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $475.00</font>, BTN calls $475.00

River: ($1530) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
???

I am taking a shot in this game and don't recognize BTN's name. The other players have been the soft spots and this guy has been a bit of a thorn in my side - initially the game was going four handed and he was playing extremely LAG, like 44/32 or something. I started out card dead and wasn't playing many hands at all and had to fold to him threebetting me a few times early on.

However, more recently we've both been playing pretty normal TAG. He seems to have screwed down a lot now that we're six handed, and he's seen me pushing some marginal spots, but not to the point of getting out of line. I have been playing pretty straightforward.

I felt pretty lost at the river here. I have almost exactly 1.5x the pot left. He has seen me continue to fire with marginal hands and I so far haven't fought back at him when he has come after me so I felt it was possible for him to have slowplayed a set here... but that was not based on anything I'd seen from him, just my intuition... aside from that I have a hard time really putting him on a hand or figuring out how he'll play it at this point.

bet/fold with these stacks kinda sucks, not thrilled about getting all the money in though either... checking seems way too weak... just can't figure out anything I really like =/

Borned_Luckbox1 09-16-2007 08:03 AM

Re: river nut flush as the board pairs, awkward stacks

Bet $1111

Praetor 09-16-2007 08:03 AM

i would bet call

Jinx 09-16-2007 08:04 AM

would he really flat call the turn with a set? i think if you don't like b/c or b/f, c/c seems good. His most likely hands are fd, missed straight draw, or some 9. He'll certainly bet the flush and he might bluff a missed draw.

Morrek 09-16-2007 08:05 AM

Bet 999$ and call push

AAismyfriend 09-16-2007 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet 999$ and call push

[/ QUOTE ]

freeucm 09-16-2007 08:08 AM

Yeah when you bet the turn with no paired board on the flush draw, then a paired board comes on the river and it also completes your flush. Its just pray he doesnt have a slowplayed set I think. Go with your gut lol.There are so many hands he could have here must just have you in bad shape, limp calling with 99,66,44 is a great possibility, maybe in rare instances he could show up with 1010 on the river. But i dont just see him calling you down at these levels with just 1010 or JJ when you showed so much strength post flop and its ok to take this line sometimes with Aj suited, I think you have to assume he is real strong here unless you have been been real loose and at these levels it doesnt pay to be like that 6-7 way, so im going to say a check i dont see how that is so weak when all you have is about 1.5x the pot and the pot is already so big. If u push hes only calling with a boat, maybe rare instances he shows up with 1010 aq but i cant see a player doing that when ur at these levels. So I definately like the check here and hope he checks behind, if he pushes I think we have to assume that he has the boat.

soah 09-16-2007 08:08 AM

I'm not sure that it's "likely" that he'd have a set here - it's just that flat calling twice with *any* hand seems somewhat unusual on this board and I don't feel I can exclude a set from his range. Also, I'm not sure what hands that get here at this point will call a third barrel. Part of it is just that I'm a bit unfamiliar with how an unknown but apparently decent player will react to me in this spot at these stakes and I might just be outthinking myself.

Praetor 09-16-2007 08:09 AM

you didnt count how many hands beat us!?

freeucm 09-16-2007 08:10 AM

27, 28 if we count QQ I think ud have to call if you think he has the quads.lol