Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Fantasy Baseball Keeper League (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489601)

Fudgenut 08-30-2007 01:58 AM

Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

I was wondering if you could give me your thoughts on who I should keep for my fantasy baseball league. Restrictions: 1 max from top 5 rounds, 2 max from top 10 rounds, 2 pitchers, 2 hitters. You get to keep players 1 year if they are in the top 5 rounds, 2 years for top 10, etc. up to 5 years for undrafted.

Victor Martinez (R2)
Bobby Abreau (R4)
Derrek Lee (R5)
Juan Pierre (R7)
Rafael Furcal (R8)
Chone Figgins (R10)
Jarrod Saltalamacchia (Undrafted)
Mike Lowell (Undrafted)

Johan Santana (R1)
Joe Mathan (R3)
K Rod (R6)
Brett Myers (R9)
Francisco Loriano (R16)
Chien-Ming Wang (R16)
Matt Garza (R21)
John Maine (Undrafted)
James Shields (Undrafted)
Jeremy Guthrie (Undrafted)
Yovani Gallardo (Undrafted)

Tenatively, I was thinking Victor Martinez, Saltamachia or Pierre, Yovani, Loriano. I feel dirty not keeping Santana, but if I keep him I can't keep Victor and I have no hitters, and am really deep with pitching prospects.....

Thanks!

4 High 08-30-2007 08:50 AM

Re: Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

Why such an overly complicated keeper system? Either just do straight up keepers or make it an auction and attach values to them.

Krod is the 2nd group is a great value i think, i think hes the best pick there. If you really want a hitter stick with Vmart, but keep in mind hes not exactly young anymore. Catchers tend to drop off real quick. Johan will be in a contract year as well. The other pick you have a nice selection from, ill leave that one to you.

whipsaw 08-30-2007 10:14 AM

Is there any benefit to not keeping 4? Do you lose draft picks for keeping players?

Fudgenut 08-30-2007 07:03 PM

Zero benefit for not keeping 4.

I cannot keep both Victor and Santana, as I can only keep one of the top 5 picks.

Also, I have to keep exactly 2 hitters and 2 pitchers.

whipsaw 08-31-2007 09:38 AM

Then I would probably go Santana Liriano Chone and Salty and call it a good crop.

Kneel B4 Zod 08-31-2007 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Then I would probably go Santana Liriano Chone and Salty and call it a good crop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, there is now way I could justify keeping Martinez over Johan, despite your other SP keepers.

I think your keepers should be you best values, almost regardless of position. it will be easier to replace Martinez in the draft than Johan

MEbenhoe 08-31-2007 10:19 AM

I talked to fudgenut last night and advised keeping Santana, Chone, Salty, and Wang or Maine and he seemed to agree. Thoughts?

whipsaw 08-31-2007 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I talked to fudgenut last night and advised keeping Santana, Chone, Salty, and Wang or Maine and he seemed to agree. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Prefer Wang to Maine by quite a large margin. Having an opportunity to lock up Salty for 5 years for free is one you can't let go by. Thoughts on why you'd go Wang/Maine over Liriano?

Huskiez 08-31-2007 11:49 AM

How many teams are in this league? Next year, will you be able to keep 4 in addition to what you have or 4 total no matter what?

Regardless, Santana and Liriano must be kept in your format.

MEbenhoe 08-31-2007 11:51 AM

wang/maine > young already injury prone pitcher who hasn't pitched in over a year

That doesn't turn out well too often.