Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Pure river c/r bluff (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=474583)

ikestoys 08-10-2007 09:36 PM

Pure river c/r bluff

Villain is 20/15/2, knows I'm loose, but should respect my play

(CO) Villain 1000
(SB) Hero 2000

Dealt to Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Preflop
Villain raises to 40, Hero calls 35

Flop
3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain bets 60, Hero calls 60.

Turn
8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain checks

River
A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain bets $110, Hero raises to 400

DrMagic 08-10-2007 10:13 PM

Re: Pure river c/r bluff

To be honest I can't see him folding anything but air here. Your line represents nothing imo.

RickOSU 08-10-2007 10:14 PM

i think he looks you up with any ace here just too often to make this profitable, but it seems decent for meta-game purposes.

Redgrape 08-10-2007 10:40 PM

I like it actually. To be bluffing here you have to essentially be turning a made hand into a bluff and that's really hard for an opponent to put you on. He has to third level you in order to call here.

Redgrape 08-10-2007 10:41 PM

also an 8 seems like the most plausible hand you show up with here.

FlyingStart 08-10-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it actually. To be bluffing here you have to essentially be turning a made hand into a bluff and that's really hard for an opponent to put you on. He has to third level you in order to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of straightdraws possible

Redgrape 08-10-2007 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of straightdraws possible

[/ QUOTE ]

Which likely raise this flop versus a CO raise.

ikestoys 08-11-2007 12:25 AM

Looking back at this hand, I don't think it really makes a good post because my read on the guy is better than whatever you guys could possibly have, we've played like 8-10k hands together this summer.

I really felt like I was folding the villain's entire range in this hand because of
[ QUOTE ]
To be bluffing here you have to essentially be turning a made hand into a bluff and that's really hard for an opponent to put you on. He has to third level you in order to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]
and as for what I was trying to rep?
[ QUOTE ]

also an 8 seems like the most plausible hand you show up with here.

[/ QUOTE ]

as for the mention of how I could have a straight draw, why can't I have 87, or 810 etc etc...

btw redgrape, how the [censored] do you have such a good read on me? We play together once, you fold to my overflush on a non-paired board... remind me never to play you.

tcorbin16 08-11-2007 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest I can't see him folding anything but air here. Your line represents nothing imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

soah 08-11-2007 03:38 AM

you're bluffing with the best hand a lot here I think