Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Request: Stars Shortcuts (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551986)

DefiNe 11-24-2007 11:05 AM

Re: Request: Stars Shortcuts

[ QUOTE ]
I would pay for a Stars version of FTP Shortcuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure thousands of people would be prepared to pay $50

fozzy71 11-24-2007 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure thousands of people would be prepared to pay $25

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have to have a lot of new things to make me spend $50. I spent $25 for FTSC, basically to have a GUI for my BetPot/Reload scripts, Table Highliter, etc. Most of what FTSC does can be accomplished with Scripts. There is no way I would of paid $50 for FTSC for what I needed it for. $20-$30 was perfectly reasonable, but $50* for an application, I expect A LOT more.

*Take my statement with a grain of salt, as I play uNL currently.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

DefiNe 11-24-2007 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have to have a lot of new things to make me spend $50. I spent $25 for FTSC, basically to have a GUI for my BetPot/Reload scripts, Table Highliter, etc. Most of what FTSC does can be accomplished with Scripts. There is no way I would of paid $50 for FTSC for what I needed it for. $20-$30 was perfectly reasonable, but $50* for an application, I expect A LOT more.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thousands would definitely pay $50 but maybe several tens of thousands would pay $25 haha, this is a problem for the publisher [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

a nonymous 11-24-2007 05:43 PM

I'd pay much more than $50 for this.

HighSteaks 11-24-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thousands would definitely pay $50 but maybe several tens of thousands would pay $25 haha, this is a problem for the publisher [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we Pokerstove this???

_dave_ 11-24-2007 09:01 PM

Well,

When I do this, it will not be carrying any price tag [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'd like to stick with my current model - free for anyone, those who wish to donate may do so at their choice. At the most I include details how to do so with the scripts.

Obviously with this model I do not receive as much $$$ as if I forced payments (1000 * $50 is a lot of money, and I'd estimate there are many more BetPot users than that) - but then we are not here to make money from each other imo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

With any luck the next version of BetPot will have a nice GUI - I think that is the most important one, yes? Planner is already GUI, and the other two barely need one - if any settings need changed, it is pretty much a one off.

Copy protection / activation is a hassle I'd rather do without, and kinda precludes having the script's source code in plain view - which IMO is a very important consideration for security of our accounts... AHK is not some inherently safe, underpowered programming environment ya know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.