Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   The WSOP cards are marked. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=154291)

Nate. 07-05-2006 02:17 AM

The WSOP cards are marked.

Folks --

Many observant people at the Rio have noticed that in almost every deck, many of the aces, deuces, threes, fours, and (to a lesser degree) fives through sevens are thumbnail-marked.

I requested several setups and all had the same problems. I could only notice a couple markings from the back, but others could notice many more, and certainly the people doing the marking are sharp at finding them.

Watch out when playing at the Rio. I certainly recommend getting at least your triple draw and Badugi action at the Bellagio.

--Nate

Caldarooni 07-05-2006 02:26 AM

Re: The WSOP cards are marked.

Those suckers forgot to mark 8s-Ks.

Hahaha.

dtemp 07-05-2006 02:54 AM

Sounds I like need to be in the split pot events.

DeathDonkey 07-05-2006 03:11 AM

I played 100/200 Badugi and triple draw mix games for the last three days and there were indeed a lot of nailed cards. But here's the thing: it was all the cards! I saw aces, 2s, 8s, kings, everything with a mark at one time or another. They just have a lot of used cards and they got stupid cheap paper ones so they are very noticeable. I didn't think anything shady was going on ever.

-DeathDonkey

Nate. 07-05-2006 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I played 100/200 Badugi and triple draw mix games for the last three days and there were indeed a lot of nailed cards. But here's the thing: it was all the cards! I saw aces, 2s, 8s, kings, everything with a mark at one time or another. They just have a lot of used cards and they got stupid cheap paper ones so they are very noticeable. I didn't think anything shady was going on ever.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are patterns. Look for which cards are nailed in the center, which are nailed on the edge, and which are nailed 3/4 of the way down a diagonal.

Dromar 07-05-2006 03:20 AM

I think Mortensen or somebody asked for the decks to be changed in the final three tables of (I think) the O8 event. Think there's a connection?

jmussina 07-05-2006 04:36 AM

I remember hearing something similar to this happening last year during the ME. Some pro complained how all the decks they were using seemed marked. I think it has something to do with the Copags they are using, as correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they use basically the same design last year as well?

Nate. 07-05-2006 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember hearing something similar to this happening last year during the ME. Some pro complained how all the decks they were using seemed marked. I think it has something to do with the Copags they are using, as correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they use basically the same design last year as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they're the same cards.

CardSharpCook 07-05-2006 06:09 AM

yeah. Just constantly be looking for them, point them out to the dealers and get a replacement card every time. Of course people are cheating, but not much you can do about it, but be vigilant in keeping their edge down to a dozen hands or so.

BaldEaglePkr 07-05-2006 06:17 AM

They are using Copaq's not paper cards. Take a look at them next time you are there, Copaq is written all over it. I don't even think they paid for the cards... Since Copaq is advertising they are the "Official cards of the WSOP" so I am sure there was some deal cut.

BTW, all the cards were brand new out of the box just a week ago. And have never been machine shuffled. So you can be sure the marks are either manufacturer defects or intentional.

[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]