Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Most shocking/unbelievable finishes you saw (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=250025)

peacemaker 11-01-2006 06:32 PM

Re: Most shocking/unbelievable finishes you saw

If we're just talking shocking then I would say the when Dale Earnhardt died on the last lap of the 2001 Daytona 500.

lorinda 11-01-2006 06:52 PM

A solid top twenty that Americans may have seen.

Read about the 1999 british open golf.

I was watching this with a group of people and nobody knew whether to laugh or just pity the guy.

Lori

lorinda 11-01-2006 07:12 PM

Also, anyone who saw Arazi's Breeder's cup Juvenile will never forget it. Annoyingly I can only find the final moments are on video online and people wouldn't understand from just those, you really have to see the whole race as he was dead last for so long.

Edit: Apparently my memory plays tricks, reviews say he was second last early on.

Lori

lorinda 11-01-2006 07:30 PM

Actually, there are some huge ones from horse racing in England, but I can't claim to have seen any of them at the time.

Red Rum 1973 (video in 1973 paragraph)

I've watched this clip many many times over the years and I still can't believe Crisp doesn't hold on.

Devon Loch, it's never over 'till it's over.

Read about two famous moments in British Horseracing history. (links above/below)

Foinavon.... 100-1 shots can win

Lori

NajdorfDefense 11-01-2006 07:49 PM

Actually, I meant to put Arcangues on there and forgot. Probably never see a longshot that long win a race that big [BC Classic] ever again.

Quadstriker 11-01-2006 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

what was illegal about nebraska/missouri??

[/ QUOTE ]

Intentionally kicked ball by the receiver. I remember an interview with him afterwards with him talking about throwing his foot out "doing anything to try and keep it alive" or some words to that effect.

WaimanaloSlim 11-01-2006 08:04 PM

By "shocking," I would have to add Mike Tyson biting Evander Holyfield's ears off.

Quadstriker 11-01-2006 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By "shocking," I would have to add Mike Tyson biting Evander Holyfield's ears off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is probably the winner.

pgjcbsn 11-01-2006 08:38 PM

No one has mentioned the Bills comeback against the Oilers early 90's. It was 28 to 3 at half time, Frank Wright subbing for Jim Kelly throws an interception early in the 3rd quarter thats returned for a TD to make it 35 to 3.

From there the Bills score 35 unanswered points and Warren Moon has to drive the Oilers in the wanning moments for a tying FG. The Bills win it in overtime.

Your Mom 11-02-2006 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

what was illegal about nebraska/missouri??

[/ QUOTE ]

Intentionally kicked ball by the receiver. I remember an interview with him afterwards with him talking about throwing his foot out "doing anything to try and keep it alive" or some words to that effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the guy who kicked it was interfered with when the ball was initially thrown to him so everyone who says Nebraska cheated can basically blow me.