Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   FT plo100 hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=245357)

piiop 10-26-2006 01:55 AM

FT plo100 hand

FT 9-handed. First hand at the table.

EP limps, MP ($120) limps, SB folds, I (100) check.

I have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop : 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I pot, EP folds, MP calls. I may have played with MP before but I dunno, no read.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I pot, he calls

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

What's my best play here?

BluffTHIS! 10-26-2006 05:17 AM

Re: FT plo100 hand

If he is either a bluffer or would for sure bet an underfull here, then check/call most times, but bet small if you think he would make a full raise with an underfull or bluff. The problem of course is if he has a better A full where you want to lose the least to same in which case it would be best to bet a little more like 1/2 or 2/3 and fold to a raise. The only hand you lose value to by not betting is an underfull that would then check behind. So the more aggresive he is then I would check or bet small, and the more passive he is I would a little more probably planning to fold to a raise.

RoundTower 10-26-2006 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he is either a bluffer or would for sure bet an underfull here, then check/call most times, but bet small if you think he would make a full raise with an underfull or bluff. The problem of course is if he has a better A full where you want to lose the least to same in which case it would be best to bet a little more like 1/2 or 2/3 and fold to a raise. The only hand you lose value to by not betting is an underfull that would then check behind. So the more aggresive he is then I would check or bet small, and the more passive he is I would a little more probably planning to fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
this advice sounds like it's completely read dependent, not very helpful when OP has no reads. Also, if he has a better full house it would be best to check fold, not bet and fold to raise.

Anyway against unknown I would bet 2/3 pot or so and call a raise.

SpeciesFlora 10-26-2006 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway against unknown I would bet 2/3 pot or so and call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

With no read - this has to be standard, right?

You have the somewhat disguised third nuts and his most likely hands are a flopped straight or calling down with a set that turned into an underfull.

If he was calling down with something like 5-5-A-x, isn't this just one of those times you have to pay off?

Just my 2c - I'm just learning the game.

MikeSmith 10-26-2006 10:01 AM

im not really sure what hands would call your river bet that you beat, i might check here to induce a bluff and am prepared to call a pot sized bet.

I would assume that if he had a str8 he would have raised the turn. I could see inducing a bluff from a busted diamond draw.

MikeSmith 10-26-2006 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im not really sure what hands would call your river bet that you beat, i might check here to induce a bluff and am prepared to call a pot sized bet.

I would assume that if he had a str8 he would have raised the turn. I could see inducing a bluff from a busted diamond draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

disregard my putting villain on diamond draw, didnt realize op had nut flush draw

liquid 10-26-2006 11:52 AM

I like a check to induce a bet as a default line against an unknown here. Your hand is well-disguised, an underfull will check behind like never, and non-boats will only be putting more money in as a bluff.