Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Computer Technical Help (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Retarded 'how to fix aim' question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=314305)

DanS 01-24-2007 08:31 PM

Retarded \'how to fix aim\' question

I have two things I need help with:

1) Sometimes, I have to click a name three below my target to make the correct window open up. This happens sporadically, how do I fix it?

2) Somehow I managed to block three of my 'buddies' while I was experimenting at getting more proficient at AIM. How do I unblock them?

FYI I use AIM 6.0. I should probably use Trillian or something that even a technophobe like me can figure out.

Thanks,
Dan

BiPolar_Nut 01-24-2007 08:39 PM

Re: Retarded \'how to fix aim\' question

No idea how to help....I blocked my yahooIM updater a long time ago and stayed w/ an old version....then just trashed AIM and don't even want to think about what the current MSN has become......I use GAIM. Open source, free, somewhat lacking in extended features, but an easy choice to make unless you need the "extras" offered in the main clients.

SamIAm 01-25-2007 01:01 AM

Last time I checked, GAIM doesn't have support for GChat. I got so sick of people sending IMs into my webbrowser, that I really wanted to incorporate GChat into my main client. TrillianPro does that for me. It's a bigger footprint, and there's a little bit of bloat, but I can't complain about too many features when one of those features is my reason for switching.
-Sam

BiPolar_Nut 01-25-2007 01:51 AM

I haven't had my first Gchat yet......*shrug* go go go gadget trilian I guess [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Low Key 01-25-2007 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I should probably use Trillian

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right. That should solve the first problem. The second one, I wonder if you'd need to fix it before you switch, however. Just look around in the options of it, there should be somewhere where you can unblock those you've blocked.

StregaChess 01-25-2007 01:06 PM

Give this a try....

Trillian

DanS 01-26-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I should probably use Trillian

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right. That should solve the first problem. The second one, I wonder if you'd need to fix it before you switch, however. Just look around in the options of it, there should be somewhere where you can unblock those you've blocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured it out, [censored] I suck at the internet. I just had to go to my "offline buddies" and the blocked people were denoted with a red circle. Unblocking was cake. However, Trillian or DeadAim here I come; straight up AIM does kinda suck.

Low Key 01-26-2007 03:54 PM

I will /agree with that statement.

Glad you figured it out, btw.