Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   LC: Renewing driver's license in Mass (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=431123)

Scary_Tiger 06-19-2007 06:42 PM

LC: Renewing driver\'s license in Mass

So I got a letter from the RMV today since my driver's license expires when I turn 21 this summer. This isn't for another month or so. If I go in to get it renewed now am I going to get another under 21 license? I'd prefer a regular one.

I'd assume that like obviously I'd get a normal one, but on the green slip in the envelope it says:

[ QUOTE ]
Have you turned 21 yet? If you choose to renew your Driver's License before your 21st birthday, you will receive a vertical license with the words "Under 21" printed on it. However, if you renew your license on or after your 21st birthday, you will receive a standard horizontal license that does not have the words "Under 21" printed on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I have to be stuck with an "Under 21" license for the next five year or what? Anyone have experience with this in Massachusetts?

pookvis 06-19-2007 06:45 PM

Re: LC: Renewing driver\'s license in Mass

go on your birthday

boomshakalaka 06-19-2007 06:48 PM

illinois makes it so that your license expires 3 months after your 21st. I just went the other day (been lazy and dont drive much, its been expired for like 3 months.) It took 10 minutes, the dmv's in chicago are the nuts now.

Scary_Tiger 06-19-2007 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
illinois makes it so that your license expires 3 months after your 21st. I just went the other day (been lazy and dont drive much, its been expired for like 3 months.) It took 10 minutes, the dmv's in chicago are the nuts now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, when I was searching on this issue a lot of other states had it well thought out, e.g. having it expire three months later so you have a three month window to renew.

Scary_Tiger 06-19-2007 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
go on your birthday

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't I not have a license for a couple weeks after then? Also, I don't really plan on being in state on my birthday.

boomshakalaka 06-19-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
go on your birthday

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't I not have a license for a couple weeks after then? Also, I don't really plan on being in state on my birthday.

[/ QUOTE ]

at our dmv's they take the picture and print the license right there as you wait... takes like 5m inutes.

Scary_Tiger 06-19-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
go on your birthday

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

at our dmv's they take the picture and print the license right there as you wait... takes like 5m inutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn you progressive Illini.

augie_ 06-19-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
go on your birthday

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a couple of months? christ. sounds like they are being efficent with the taxpayers' money.