Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Seriously, what are the odds for this to happen back to back? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=253135)

Shandrax 11-05-2006 02:01 PM

Seriously, what are the odds for this to happen back to back?

Dealt to me in the BB: [Jh, Td]
Community cards: [Tc, 4s, Th]
Community cards: [As]
Community cards: [8d]
Opponent HoleCards [Ah, Ts]
HiHand [a full house, tens full of aces] [Ts, Th, Tc, As, Ah]

Dealt to me in the SB: [Js, 3s]
Community cards: [3c, 9h, Qd]
Community cards: [5s]
Community cards: [Jc]
Opponent HoleCards [Jd, Qs]
HiHand [two pairs, queens and jacks] [Qs, Qd, Jd, Jc, 9h]

folded 2 hands, then...

Dealt to me in MP3: [9d, 9h]
Community cards: [4d, 8s, 9s]
Community cards: [Js]
Community cards: [5h]
Opponent HoleCards [Td, Qd]
HiHand [a straight, eight to queen] [Qd, Js, Td, 9s, 8s]

I go bust and leave the table to play shorthanded....

Dealt to me in the BB: [9h, 7d]
Community cards: [Kc, 5d, 9d]
Community cards: [7s] -> the case 7
Community cards: [Ah]
Opponent HoleCards [7c, 7h] - he raised from the button
HiHand [three of a kind, sevens] [7s, 7h, 7c, Ah, Kc]

So what do we have here? Trips, set, two pair get busted and finally another two pair loses to the only card in the deck.

I guess this should set a probability record of some sort. Honestly, can someone get screwed worse than that?

StaticShock 11-05-2006 02:15 PM

Re: Seriously, what are the odds for this to happen back to back?

You sold what to who now for how many jellybeans?

ughaulkghalugh 11-05-2006 02:18 PM

maybe like 2:1

multious 11-05-2006 02:32 PM

well this happens to me about once a day and say I play 2000 hands in a day then it looks to be somewhere around 500:1

Chump Change 11-05-2006 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You sold what to who now for how many jellybeans?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a record. And you probably butchered the set < straight hand. But it does qualify as a mini-cooler and you get the sympathy that warrants. Now man up, don't make me tell you twice.

Shandrax 11-05-2006 02:39 PM

The question is not why I get screwed like that in a neverending streak of bad beats, the question is how to play poker for a living when the unlikely events happen just as often as the likely ones.

So far online poker has been a complete random event for me. I lose with my good hands as often as I win. The problem is that I still lose most of my bad hands, because I usually fold them if I don't get the odds to continue and definitely before I get the chance to suck out.

The only consistent winners I can spot are those 35/20 guys who go to the river in 60% of the time, in short: LAG-tards who should be losing their whole stack in no time, at least in theory....

mlagoo 11-05-2006 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The question is not why I get screwed like that in a neverending streak of bad beats, the question is how to play poker for a living when the unlikely events happen just as often as the likely ones.

So far online poker has been a complete random event for me. I lose with my good hands as often as I win. The problem is that I still lose most of my bad hands, because I usually fold them if I don't get the odds to continue and definitely before I get the chance to suck out.

The only consistent winners I can spot are those 35/20 guys who go to the river in 60% of the time, in short: LAG-tards who should be losing their whole stack in no time, at least in theory....

[/ QUOTE ]

Reged: 03/29/05

Chump Change 11-05-2006 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What did I just say? I don't know what kind of crazy bizarro world manning up this is, but you're on thin ice buddy.

To the stratgy forums with you, post haste!

Omahahaha 11-05-2006 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reged: 03/29/05

[/ QUOTE ]

hes also trying to argue that chip reese and doyle brunson colluded at the HORSE FT. so take his opinions lightly.

Shandrax 11-05-2006 03:43 PM

You know, it's all a big conspiracy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]