Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   FTP 50r. Pretty Deep. PF Decision Against AJKHoosier (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495493)

ZBTHorton 09-07-2007 01:40 AM

FTP 50r. Pretty Deep. PF Decision Against AJKHoosier

The HH is not stored on my HD for some reason, but it's fairly simple.

Deep in the second hour of the FTP50r. We're down to 55 or so players, and I am above average with 14K. AJK has around 18K.

Blinds are 120/240/25

Action folds to the button(T6500) who raises 3x to 720. I r/r to 2400 with AQo. AJK barely thinks and shoves for 18K. Button folds. Hero?

No real reads per this tournament. Obviously I know he's a very solid player. We haven't played together a ton, but he has to at least know who I am...that I am capable of re-stealing..etc.

DOTTT 09-07-2007 01:59 AM

Re: FTP 50r. Pretty Deep. PF Decision Against AJKHoosier

I don't think he's ever making a move here. His range is something like 88-AA, AK,AQ . Against that range you have 36% equity. If you think AJ is in his range then this is a call, but if it's not I'd fold.

ZBTHorton 09-07-2007 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he's ever making a move here. His range is something like 88-AA, AK,AQ . Against that range you have 36% equity. If you think AJ is in his range then this is a call, but if it's not I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to add anything else, except this.

You don't think if he has AA/KK/QQ here, that he stops to think about what he wants to do here? Also. What if he has a marginal hand like AJ or 88? The fact that he hardly thought at all just seemed very suspicious to me.

fsoyars 09-07-2007 02:08 AM

If you're implying that he's re-restealing here I think that's wishful thinking. Given your stack size he has no reason to think you're restealing light and given his stack size he's not re-restealing. I don't even think he's shoving AQ or 99 here. This looks like a clear fold.

Bond18 09-07-2007 02:18 AM

I think i'm folding. AJK is a thinking aggro player, but very very few people jam here as a play. In fact, in all my MTT's i've never caught anyone or seen anyone get caught doing this, though i did see a 2p2'er do it once in a HH. It's certainly a strong play, but a tough one to pull off.

Also, i don't really think AJ is in his range. Assuming you don't think he's on a move.

WarDekar 09-07-2007 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think i'm folding. AJK is a thinking aggro player, but very very few people jam here as a play. In fact, in all my MTT's i've never caught anyone or seen anyone get caught doing this, though i did see a 2p2'er do it once in a HH. It's certainly a strong play, but a tough one to pull off.

Also, i don't really think AJ is in his range. Assuming you don't think he's on a move.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ can never be in his "range" because he should never have a "range" in this situation, either you think he's pulling a move often enough % of the time or not.

He either has QQ+, AK and is not pulling a move, or he has pretty much anything and he is pulling a move, so you weight his "range" based on that, there is no AJ here because he never shoves AJ for value.

celticslegend 09-07-2007 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ can never be in his "range" because he should never have a "range" in this situation, either you think he's pulling a move often enough % of the time or not.

He either has QQ+, AK and is not pulling a move, or he has pretty much anything and he is pulling a move, so you weight his "range" based on that, there is no AJ here because he never shoves AJ for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with pretty much all of this, except I think that since this is a button, SB, BB situation AJK's range for shoving for value is more like 1010+ AK, maybe AQ. QQ+ and AK is too tight IMO.

Bakes 09-07-2007 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to add anything else, except this.

You don't think if he has AA/KK/QQ here, that he stops to think about what he wants to do here? Also. What if he has a marginal hand like AJ or 88? The fact that he hardly thought at all just seemed very suspicious to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a far more likely scenario is that he has a big hand, saw it among his 8 tables, and watched the action trail around to the button, who raises. Then he's all like [censored] yeah button raise! Then you reraise and he's like OMG CHRISTMAS IN SEPTEMBER and nuts all over the keyboard when he sticks it in.

Or its just AK cuz I see a lot of autoshipping with that particular hand either way your [censored] imo.

adanthar 09-07-2007 03:44 AM

this is AJKHoosier, not lilholdem.

ZJ123 09-07-2007 03:56 AM

AJKHoosier is not that LAG and is pretty good, i don't expect him ever to be making a move here. Fold.

And Bakes what are you talking about? lol Hes a pretty cool guy.

Ship Ship McGipp 09-07-2007 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AJK is a thinking aggro player,

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly? what the hells he thinking about?

LearnedfromTV 09-07-2007 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is the same reasoning leads to thinking the most likely hand is AK.

I think this is another spot where there's not enough overlay to call w/ AQ. It 11.5 to win 29.5; you need to be 40%, and to get there you need as much AJ/bluff as AK.

People_Mover 09-07-2007 09:42 AM

I like how you played it, but I fold to the shove. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

djk123 09-07-2007 10:03 AM

call

MINETZ 09-07-2007 10:25 AM

insta muck.

mikeJ 09-07-2007 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm beginning to think this is a call just for you and your image and it's a fold for most everyone else.

Bakes 09-07-2007 11:44 AM

Sigh I was just making a point about how the autoship doesn't necessarily mean anything about the strength of his hand. You guys mean when your 8tabling and you get AA in the BB you aren't focused on that table for at least a little bit? jeez

Eagles 09-07-2007 12:13 PM

Snap fold its not even close AK is probably a fold also.

Bakes 09-07-2007 12:16 PM

So what's his range here that makes you want to fold AK with over 3k dead in the pot?

ZJ123 09-07-2007 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what???

no way.

Mench 09-07-2007 01:02 PM

Bakes,

This is the greatest phrase I have ever read.

Then he's all like [censored] yeah button raise! Then you reraise and he's like OMG CHRISTMAS IN SEPTEMBER and nuts all over the keyboard when he sticks it in.

luckychewy 09-07-2007 01:50 PM

aq is certainly a fold. ak is prob a call, but if ajk folds aq to our 3-bet then ak is a fold too.

djk123 09-07-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i guess this is a fold but folding AK here is absurd

ZJ123 09-07-2007 02:11 PM

remind me to 4 bet bluff anyone who folds AK here.

ZBTHorton 09-07-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
remind me to 4 bet bluff anyone who folds AK here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking. If AQ is a fairly easy fold, and some people muck AK. I should be looking for opportunities to be pulling this move off.

Ship Ship McGipp 09-07-2007 05:12 PM

no one's ever folded AK preflop in a tournament, and no one ever should

Bond18 09-07-2007 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one's ever folded AK preflop in a tournament, and no one ever should

[/ QUOTE ]

dogsballs 09-08-2007 01:34 AM

VEZ fold. This is not a good spot vs AJK.

shaundeeb 09-08-2007 05:11 AM

yah def not making a move unless he knows you are some laggg which he prob doesn't and which you aren't.

shaundeeb 09-08-2007 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call

[/ QUOTE ]

drunk posting you newly formed alcoholic.

I hope I can get some awesome drunk dials before I get back.

ZJ123 09-08-2007 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he wasnt drunk when he posted this.

but boy was he drunk tonite. lol he called sheets house at 2am. ok back on topic

Aq= fold
AK= ez call

shaundeeb 09-08-2007 06:18 AM

yah I heard the details sounds [censored] hilarious

Jaysick88 09-08-2007 04:46 PM

People fold AK when they raise it UTG and then by the time it gets back to them 3 other people are already all in. That is about the only time. As to the hand in discussion anytime someone wants to put in about 50BB preflop with AQ I think its going to be major Spew unless the player has some god-like read that they are ahead. I think this is a relatively easy fold because the percentage of the time he needs to be making a move has to be extremely high and if we do just let the hand go we still have a very playable stack.

djk123 09-08-2007 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shaun i need your #first!!!