Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Ugly A7 shorthanded, plz evaluate/berate (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531508)

RobMcB 10-25-2007 11:05 PM

Ugly A7 shorthanded, plz evaluate/berate

I'm mainly concerned about PF and Turn decisions here. To what extent (if any) is this spew?

Villains are LP mouthbreathers, none are playing any kind of definable line other than "cards is fun, any two can win!"

Everest Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.05./$0.1
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) TheLamprey is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
TheLamprey calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">TheLamprey bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4BB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">TheLamprey bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7BB, 3 players)
SB checks, TheLamprey checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, SB folds, TheLamprey folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: 7BB

knockonwood 10-25-2007 11:08 PM

Re: Ugly A7 shorthanded, plz evaluate/berate

PF is terrible.

Turn is awful

Dr. Matt 10-25-2007 11:26 PM

river is perfect.

knockonwood 10-25-2007 11:27 PM

Yes, expert fold on the river.

KitCloudkicker 10-25-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
river is perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way we only have to be good 1:7 times to win

bad river fold

Dr. Matt 10-25-2007 11:35 PM

ok ok you got me. I was just making fun of the troll and it backfired. Who's the troll now?
&lt;------ [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] sorry...

OziBattler 10-25-2007 11:48 PM

playing ace rag in EP is pretty bad.

Rob, tell us what were YOUR thought processes on the turn? what are you hoping to achieve by betting? doing so will help you get better at poker as well as help show you aint no troll or a gimmick account that just so happens to be up to date with the lingo we use round these ere parts.

also it seems like you dont treat your opponents with much respect at all which probably is a contributor to your spewy play here...tis be a slippery slope

bozlax 10-26-2007 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
playing ace rag like this in EP is pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ozi, it's 5-handed. A7o is certainly in the playing range, but Hero shouldn't be limping anything.

As to the river, overcalling would be bad, but since the middle player folded, yeah, give it a call.

RobMcB 10-26-2007 12:01 AM

On the turn, most spades obviously makes the nuts. I also thought any A or 7 or K would be good enough here, given my opponents (very loose and passive). So I have FD + gutshot + 5 more outs (A and 7). Even if we discount that for the times we split with a straight, lose with trip A's to a straight, and are drawing thin against a made flush (which is not very often), I think it's a pretty decent value bet. Let's not forget that once in a blue moon we will show down sevens unimproved and win the pot vs. 2 busted draws.
When it comes to respecting my opponents, I have found that in general at nano-limits, it's better not to try to figure out what my opponents are thinking or doing. If I just play my hand and the board, I tend to profit more than when I try to put non-thinking opponents on a hand and end up seeing Monsters Under The Bed.

sharpie 10-26-2007 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
playing ace rag like this in EP is pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ozi, it's 5-handed. A7o is certainly in the playing range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it is in this game. I'd probably want A9o minimum.